Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where have you seen most Albion matches?

Where have you seen Albion play the most?

• The Goldstone Ground

Votes: 112 55.4%
  • Withdean Stadium

Votes: 72 35.6%
  • I've been to more away matches than either Goldstone or Withdean matches

Votes: 18 8.9%

• Total voters

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
God I'm an old git.... :down:

It's the Goldstone by a country mile for me.
Saw my first game as a wee lad without pubes in 1962 .... and hardly missed a home game from then on until I spread my wings and left Sussex as a fully paid up adult.

Been to more away games than home since then.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Saw one game at the Goldstone, Jimmy Case's testimonial, no games at Gillingham (bad fan, at university, dissilusioned with football) and been a regular, though not a season ticket holder, at Withdean since back from Uni.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Goldstone 'just', saw 1st game there in 1990, went to quite a few at Priestfield and been going less and less to Withdean as the years have gone by so would just about still be the Goldstone thankfully, but due to moving away from Sussex at the age of 10, probably seen more away than home now.

That will change next year

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Since 1985 I've probably only missed 10 or 12 homes games and that includes attending almost every game at the Priestfield (think I only missed one due to illness). So.......

Goldstone 1985-1997
Priestfield 1997-1999
Withdean 1999-2010

Just the Goldstone. But in 14 years time it'll be the AMEX!

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
God I'm an old git.... :down:

It's the Goldstone by a country mile for me.
Saw my first game as a wee lad without pubes in 1962 .... and hardly missed a home game from then on until I spread my wings and left Sussex as a fully paid up adult.

Been to more away games than home since then.

I've just realised ... I've actually PLAYED more times at the Goldstone than I've watched games at the Withdean!

Back in my schooldays, the Brighton Boys team played most of their home fixtures at the Goldstone!

Happy days .... the pitch had a slope on it that wasn't always obvious when you stood on the terraces looking down?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good question, I dunno: it must be very close for me between the Goldstone and Withdean. I went to the Goldstone for the first time in the late 70s but didn't start going anything like regularly until about '83-84 and certainly wasn't always a season ticket holder etc then. I suspect that, unsettingly, it's actually likely to be Withdean, where I've had a season ticket every year except this one.

God. How depressing.

I think I'm about the same but can't bring myself to hit the Withdean button :(

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I used to go to midweek Brighton games now and again but since WD it's not happening. Shall do in new ground though.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Quite a few towards the end of the Goldstone Era (after '92!), most at Gillingham and too many at Withdean.

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
Withdean. unfortunatly never got to see the goldstone. But i much prefer the atmosphere at
proper away grounds with a roof can be electric with brighton fans - that roar of " Albiooon" that is non - existent at withdean

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
31 seasons at the Goldstone thankfully, 66-97.

So as long as I live to be 82 then the Amex will surpass this. 2043? Scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here