Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where Has Our Support Gone ?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
to charlton....

looking on the charlton site and you can get a coach to Valley for just £5, and they have coaches stopping at over 50 destination all over the south coast. There tickets are only a couple quid more than ours and must be the cheapest ones in the premisership, so why would children/teenagers who are just getting into football want to support Brighton when they could go and see a premiership side for only a few quid more....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I believe they are about to increase the capacity of the Valley to about 40k, perhaps this is their way of trying to ensure that they are capable of filling it, perhaps we need to start something similar with view to filling Withdean and then Falmer.

We could quite easily have coaches from places like Chichester, Midhurst, Horsham, Crawley, etc, etc...

1066gull

Gully said:
I believe they are about to increase the capacity of the Valley to about 40k, perhaps this is their way of trying to ensure that they are capable of filling it, perhaps we need to start something similar with view to filling Withdean and then Falmer.

We could quite easily have coaches from places like Chichester, Midhurst, Horsham, Crawley, etc, etc...
Tunbrdige Wells, Hastings, Eastbourne, Uckfield??????

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Seagull over SW France said:
Obviously silly question time....you've seen the shit being served up at Withdean haven't you??there's your answer....:dunce:

bang on...............

thread closed.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You will always have people, not just kids, who will either support their local team whatever or support a team that is currently successful. Charlton and Portsmouth being our nearest Premiership sides we're bound to lose support to them, nothing new there. If we get back to The Championship and do well or eventually make it to The Premiership a lot of that lost support will come back, along with brand new support created by success. There is only a small hard-core percentage wise of any club, the rest are along for the ride. It's just a fact of life.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lets be honest, not many people are going to get on a coach to go to Charlton to watch the dross on offer up there.

Our support has gone because Withdean is a horror day out and the football is appalling.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Albion Dan said:
Lets be honest, not many people are going to get on a coach to go to Charlton to watch the dross on offer up there.

Our support has gone because Withdean is a horror day out and the football is appalling.

but if that dross is say man utd, or liverpool, or chelsea I can see people going in the same way as people went to Selhurst to see wimbledon, but actually went only to see the bigger teams they were playing against.

if Brighton were playing away somewhere and Charlton were playing a decent Premier side, then I would certainly be tempted. ( It is true that over the last few years we have been served some dire stuff at Withdean and I am not only referring to the catering)

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
People have had enough of Withdean. Charlton being relegated can only help though. Personally with a final yes to Falmer and the end in sight Withdean will be bearable once more.

The Luton game last season was my last visit to Withdean. .

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seagull over SW France said:
Obviously silly question time....you've seen the shit being served up at Withdean haven't you??there's your answer....:dunce:
Have you seen it then?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....2010 according to MP

so 4 more years at Withdean to come:( :( :( :( :(

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
y2dave said:
People have had enough of Withdean. Charlton being relegated can only help though. Personally with a final yes to Falmer and the end in sight Withdean will be bearable once more.

The Luton game last season was my last visit to Withdean. .

Yep me too! I wouldnt go and watch football anywhere else just cos its cheap to get there. Brighton are my team and I still go to away games, but Im frigged if Im gonna sit in that place getting pissed on and cold watching that crap.

D

Deleted User X18H

I will tell you whare its gone they all sit on here playing with themselves when they should be at Withdean.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Albion Dan said:

What he said.

Can't see that I have noticed loads of Charlton or Portmouth shirts around town, (more Chelsea recently though, it must have been hell for all those diehard supporters secretly wearing their Chelsea strips in private while they were dross...at last they can walk in the sunshine of success!)

There is a limit to how many £40 outings I spend with my lad at withdean with its mortuary like atmos and indifferent football, dont mean I will start supporting f**king Pompey or the Addicks tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here