Votes: 89 81.7%
  • England to qualify for Euro 2008 finals

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
This is getting off-topic a bit but I think this thread answers another question. Regardless of which club they support fans don't want quotas on foreign players - they just want to see their team be successful. If the majority of Albion fans would rather see us win the JPT than England qualify for a tournament how do you think Arsenal fans feel about the Champions' League? Do you think they give a toss that none of their team are English?

Nail on the head, and I think what I was trying to articulate earlier. People want their clubs to be successful and appear to value that above the arguments for limits on the hundreds of Carlos Kickaballs squeezing out English talent and choking our national team's chance of development.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Albion or England? Albion miles ahead.

But England in Euro or Albion in the Pain Pot - England on this one occasion, a month of international football without England involved will be painful.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
England for 2 reasons. The first is Geography. Living in the midlands there is little interaction with other albion fans. At least with England I can watch and dissect the match in the pub and talk to people about 4-4-2 etc. I never get that chance to talk about the Albion unless I come down to Brighton. I enjoy that every 2 years with England, especially the twats who have no idea what they are on about.

The second is that the JPT is shithouse. The qualification to be in the competition is that you are not good enough for the Championship. I always know the result of an Albion game instantly if i'm not there but I forgot we were actually playing on Wednesday. It wasn't until lunchtime on Thursday that i checked the result. If we get to Wembley I'm sure I'll go but don't expect to find me at Gillingham or Swansea or losing any sleep if we get knocked out in the meantime.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
It's a no-brainer - I took Ferret's advice and the bet365 price of 16/1 on Albion for the JPT before the Cheltenham game! Got on and got on large...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
England...so we have something to do in the summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here