Where do your loyalties lie?

• Albion to get to Wembley in the JPT

Votes: 89 81.7%
  • England to qualify for Euro 2008 finals

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I am equally disappointed when either lose a game or get knocked out of a tournament, until the next day that is, when all is forgotten and life goes on.

I couldn't choose between them

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's because it's at Wembley, that's why I voted.
It must be my age. As I said on another thread I've seen Brighton play at Wembley 3 times when the prize on offer was the FA Cup and a place in the top division. Going to Wembley just for the JPT is a bit like going to a film premiere and then finding there aren't any stars there because they all went on another night to the REAL premier.

I'm NOT sneering, honest. If people think it's going to be a great day out then seriously fair play to you. However for me seeing people (like Frank's Wild Years) getting excited about going to Wembley for the JPT is a bit like watching your kids on Christmas morning getting excited as they unwrap a box of Lego.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That does appear like sneering - like the Spurs fan today who, when I told him I went to see the Albion last night in the pisspot trophy (this bloke NEVER goes to a Spurs match) just looked at me and said "oh - bless".

It must be my age. As I said on another thread I've seen Brighton play at Wembley 3 times when the prize on offer was the FA Cup and a place in the top division. Going to Wembley just for the JPT is a bit like going to a film premiere and then finding there aren't any stars there because they all went on another night to the REAL premier.

I'm NOT sneering, honest. If people think it's going to be a great day out then seriously fair play to you. However for me seeing people (like Frank's Wild Years) getting excited about going to Wembley for the JPT is a bit like watching your kids on Christmas morning getting excited as they unwrap a box of Lego.

I'm happy to be thought of as a kid !! I've seen Brighton play at Wembley twice (both matches in '83) I just don't think it matters what the tournament is 20K Albion supporters at the new Wembley would be great. i bet you'd go and if we get there i'll buy you a drink.:albion2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That does appear like sneering - like the Spurs fan today who, when I told him I went to see the Albion last night in the pisspot trophy (this bloke NEVER goes to a Spurs match) just looked at me and said "oh - bless".
I appreciate it might come over as sneering but it's actually more complex than that. When I was coming back on the train from Newcastle in 1979 after we'd got promotion to the top division I was blissfully happy. I really thought the club had shaken off its lower league status for good and it was now a case of onwards and upwards. If you'd have informed me that 20-25 years later we'd be back amongst the dead men playing at Withdean in front of crowds of 5000 I'd have been profoundly depressed. It's a bit hard to explain but getting excited about going to Wembley for the JPT when previously I'd got excited about going to Wembley for the FA Cup seems to betray the memory somehow, it's like I've finally settled for the fact that we're crap.

It IS great for the younger fans though

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Deffo the Albion.
All this mickey mouse cup stuff is bollocks and is starting to really piss me off. For f*** sake we're a third division club who play in a shit hole and now we have the chance of getting to Wembley.
Bring it on I say, lets have a great day out and a bit of positive energy around the club for a change.

"Oh I cant get excited about a mickey mouse competition" Well f*** off and support Man U or Chelsea then.

What he said.

It would be great to have 20,000 plus supporters going to Wembley just to make all the moaners, who write to the Argus saying that we have no fans, look stupid.

Sorry. I just can't get worked up about England.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
"Oh I cant get excited about a mickey mouse competition" Well f*** off and support Man U or Chelsea then.
excuse me who the f*** are you to tell me,brovian or anyone else who thinks we should have other priorties than the jpt to f*** of and support some other team?

have you been to either game in this competion you so much love?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What's all this 20k rubbish? How many did we take to Wembley against Notts County? 31k? How many did we take to Cardiff for the underwhelming prize of us returning to a division we'd been in the season before? 32k? (and that wasn't even Wembley). I'd say we'd easily get 28k+ for the new Wembley regardless of whether it was the JPT or not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with the monkey. 35,000 Albion fans [and hangers-on along for the ride - but don't knock'em, we'll need them at Falmer] would make for a great day out.

excuse me who the f*** are you to tell me,brovian or anyone else who thinks we should have other priorties than the jpt to f*** of and support some other team?

have you been to either game in this competion you so much love?

What is wrong with wanting us to succeed in something for a change ?
What are the chances of us going to Wembley for the FA cup final in the near future ? We are, where we are, so lets take the good days when we can. Surely, success in every thing we do should be our priority wether its the piss pot trophy, league survival, play off aspirations or a big name FA Cup draw.
Like I said to Brovian if we get to Wembley I hope you go and if you do I shall buy you a drink.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Club before country for me too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Albion. We need the money (all those extra T shirts that will be sold at the club shop) and it will encourage floating fans to look forward to the new stadium.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
What is wrong with wanting us to succeed in something for a change ?
What are the chances of us going to Wembley for the FA cup final in the near future ? We are, where we are, so lets take the good days when we can. Surely, success in every thing we do should be our priority wether its the piss pot trophy, league survival, play off aspirations or a big name FA Cup draw.
Like I said to Brovian if we get to Wembley I hope you go and if you do I shall buy you a drink.

I will be going, you gonna buy me a pint too. :drink:

Brighton at wembley for me, BRING IT ON.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd love to go to Wembley for the first time and see the Albion, but it would have to be England qualifiying for me given the choice above.

As others have said, promotion might be different. And if you offered me promotion to the Championship just in time for the opening of Falmer, I'd probably see England also not qualify for the next World Cup.

It must be my age. As I said on another thread I've seen England play at World Cup when the prize was the World Cup final .

Now it all seems a little bit shoddy and two bob by comparison

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
England for me
the thought of no Euro footy next summer is bad. I couldnt imagine sitting in the pub and saying "oh well, at least the albion one the JPT last year"

Are the Euro's going to be cancelled next year if England don't qualifiy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here