Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you think we'll finish next season?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If someone told me we will stay up i would be happy. But I expect Gus, Tanno and Tony might be aiming a bit higher.

D

Deleted member 18477

Promotion candidates (why not blackpool did it..). Prob top 6! Gus is a real winner and he has made this team winners. with quality additions in the summer there is no reason at all why we cant challenge, however id take 21st right now!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's a strange division so anything is possible. I don't think there is alot between the teams.

The strangest part of next season for me will be that we will be competing on a level playing field and not battling with the inferiority complex that Withdean gave us in that division last time.

For me. Top half, pushing for the PO's

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
end of May.

way too early to be asking this without knowing who is in and out. i think the current squad without additions wouldn't do as well over a whole season in the Championship as many expect and we might struggle a bit.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think TB will spend enough for us not to flirt with relegation - without spending silly money. Even being the most optimistic, I can't see a top half finish - upper lower half would do me.

Same as.

People have to remember there's alot of championship clubs with bugets on a different planet to what we have at the moment. Falmer will make a huge difference and in terms of matchday income we'll be in the top 10, but I'm sure it'll take a couple of years to get established and we'll have a loan to pay back (Thank you Mr Chairman :bowdown: )

We shouldn't forget where we've been for the last 15 years.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
6th

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if we sign the right players and keep poyet, id expect us to have a serious tilt at the play offs but fall just short

dont think we will end up doing what norwich are doing, purely because the teams that came down from the premiership last time were always going to struggle to compete (pompey f***ed financially, hull with a new manager taking time to get going and burnley had a joker in brian laws in charge)

this year you could quite feasibly have three teams coming down from the premiership who will have very few financial worries due to being managed the right way and managers secure in their jobs. id fully expect the likes of wigan and wolves to make a serious challenge at the top

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Impossible to tell until you see who leaves and who comes in. We could, in THEORY, lose our top scorer this summer.

With this squad, lower mid-table. I worry our lack of any real pace at the back would be more exposed one league up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here