Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do 30yr olds go out in brighton....Help

village

Oct 23, 2004
Me and a mate, both 31, are going to a party in Hove on Sat, if it's shit where should we go? Any Dress codes and desperate women? All help appreciated!
:drink:

Jul 20, 2003
ah, the wonders of Hove

Lot 73 in Palmeira Square is a pretty good cocktail lounge

SNAFU in Church Road is a reasonable club/bar - prone to a surfeit of wannabes and they don't like trainers at the weekend

Greenhouse Effect (opposite Snafu) is an institution - a chaotic hole of an institution - real mixture in there - the bar is free to get in and is open 'till 2

Gap club in Western Road is very cheesy and attracts a lot of hen nights

Pubwise - The Conqueror around the back of the Old Market Theatre is one of my favourite boozers in the world

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
pevenseagull said:

SNAFU in Church Road is a reasonable club/bar - prone to a surfeit of wannabes and they don't like trainers at the weekend

I'm there on Saturday, do they REALLY not like trainers?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Actually I quite like that Greenhouse Effect place and I'm a 20 something

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'm 28 so i'd probably do a few pubs in the North Lanes area.

Not sure club/;late drinking den wise, Brighton really does lack pubs with late licences

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hogshead isn't bad (is it still called that ?)
Hove Place is alright.
Crickters is run-of-the-mill ok.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Greenehouse Effect serves a wonderful pilsner that gets you very messy, should you allow it to.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'm there on Saturday, do they REALLY not like trainers?

They DONT like them one bit, oh and you will also have to have your hair sytled into some ludicrous spikey mullet.

Why dont you BIN that and just get wasted in the EFFECT.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rougvie said:
They DONT like them one bit, oh and you will also have to have your hair sytled into some ludicrous spikey mullet.

Why dont you BIN that and just get wasted in the EFFECT.

Fuckers!

Got to go for mates brothers 30th.

I say I've got to go, i promised and now am stuck to it. Is it shirts only too and can I get away with jeans?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Fuckers!
I say I've got to go, i promised and now am stuck to it. Is it shirts only too and can I get away with jeans?

I think so, but only with tailored rips and a nice shiny pair of tan slip ons. ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you know where to go Brighton is OK for over 30s not so sure about hove.

My 33rd on Saturday.

Meet at the Prince Albert as they have an 80s nite (proper 80s OMD, New Order, Gary Numan, etc)

Then straight down the Arc to get off our nuts on Indie bollocks. No dress code, no pretentions just good old indie rock and roll.

Or could go funky fish or upstairs at the pav tav for a proper 60s nite.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, but what about the over-40s?

Seriously, Mrs G and I have been looking for a club that 30 and 40 somethings can go to, that play the music that we grew up with (soul, reggae, disco, you know the sort of thing).

There seems cock-all in Brighton as everything's geared for the teens and 20-year olds with tea dances for the wrinklies - there's a big gap in between.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gwylan said:

Seriously, Mrs G and I have been looking for a club that 30 and 40 somethings can go to, that play the music that we grew up with (soul, reggae, disco, you know the sort of thing).

There seems cock-all in Brighton as everything's geared for the teens and 20-year olds with tea dances for the wrinklies - there's a big gap in between.

Its called the junction

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:

The Funky Fish club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here