Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do 30yr olds go out in brighton....Help

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Hogshead isn't bad (is it still called that ?)
Hove Place is alright.
Crickters is run-of-the-mill ok.

Hove Place and Cricketers is only any good in summer. Hogshead is cheap but shit.
Freemasons has some good eye candy and I think the Station is open till 1 at weekends (can't stand the place personaly). I tend to wander between Freemasons, Conqueror, Robin Hood and Coopers Cask.

And Snafu hates white trainers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
The Funky Fish club.

Where's the Funky Fish club?

Is it related to the Catfish Club that I remember going to in the 80s?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I believe it is the same place. Under a hotel..

It's a decent night with a wide age range from early 20's to 40+. I like it, it's good.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
If you know where to go Brighton is OK for over 30s not so sure about hove.

My 33rd on Saturday.

Meet at the Prince Albert as they have an 80s nite (proper 80s OMD, New Order, Gary Numan, etc)

Then straight down the Arc to get off our nuts on Indie bollocks. No dress code, no pretentions just good old indie rock and roll.

Or could go funky fish or upstairs at the pav tav for a proper 60s nite.
Some excellent suggestions, and not just for the over 30s either!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I believe it is the same place. Under a hotel..

It's a decent night with a wide age range from early 20's to 40+. I like it, it's good.

Excellent. That's us sorted.

Thanks Chappers.

village

Oct 23, 2004
Some great suggestions
I'm torn between the eye candy and the indie bollocks...can i combine the two!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what eye-bollocks or candy-indie

Just stay in and watch casualty...you know it makes sense

:smokin:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Biscuit said:
Funky Fish is shit.

You over thirties will love it.. that or Eastbourne..

Bunch of Saga louts...:drink:

Oi! Watch it......

Better than that crap you call West Street :lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
Jello said:
Hove Place and Cricketers is only any good in summer. Hogshead is cheap but shit.
Freemasons has some good eye candy and I think the Station is open till 1 at weekends (can't stand the place personaly). I tend to wander between Freemasons, Conqueror, Robin Hood and Coopers Cask.

And Snafu hates white trainers.

every word rings true

May I support these comments whole heartedly and add the Montpellier (for watching football), the Farm (good ales) and The Jugglers (if you're looking for a convivial bunch of tired looking pissheads knocking back 1664 @ £2 a pint during the extended happy hour of an afternoon).

The Station is indeed RANK - if I wanted to listen to Luther Vandross played really loud amongst a bunch of surly wannabes I'd build a time machine and go back to the late 80s - SHIT HOLE

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
My 33rd on Saturday.

Meet at the Prince Albert as they have an 80s nite (proper 80s OMD, New Order, Gary Numan, etc)

Then straight down the Arc to get off our nuts on Indie bollocks. No dress code, no pretentions just good old indie rock and roll.

Or could go funky fish or upstairs at the pav tav for a proper 60s nite. [/B][/QUOTE]

i might come along:ohmy: :p :lol: :lolol: :angel:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Its called the junction
see post below. having a bad day!!

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
A cracking night can be had in the junction. plays non stop 70's and 80's but does not tend to have any brit pop. Fairly laid back place with loads of old slappers looking for some loving.;)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
pevenseagull said:
every word rings true

May I support these comments whole heartedly and add the Montpellier (for watching football), the Farm (good ales) and The Jugglers (if you're looking for a convivial bunch of tired looking pissheads knocking back 1664 @ £2 a pint during the extended happy hour of an afternoon).

The Station is indeed RANK - if I wanted to listen to Luther Vandross played really loud amongst a bunch of surly wannabes I'd build a time machine and go back to the late 80s - SHIT HOLE

Are you stalking me? :clap2:
I also watch footy in Montpellier and was down there last night as landlord is a Liverpool supporter, saw Champions League final down there. I occasionaly go to The Farm, but usually Coopers as my mate is landlord and gets the arse if I visit the competition.:drink: :drink:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Gwylan said:
Yeah, but what about the over-40s?

Seriously, Mrs G and I have been looking for a club that 30 and 40 somethings can go to, that play the music that we grew up with (soul, reggae, disco, you know the sort of thing).

There seems cock-all in Brighton as everything's geared for the teens and 20-year olds with tea dances for the wrinklies - there's a big gap in between.

Is the Catfish club still there, on the seafront? It's actually cool as f***. I think you'd like it, Gwyl.

Jul 20, 2003
Jello said:
Are you stalking me? :clap2:
I also watch footy in Montpellier and was down there last night as landlord is a Liverpool supporter, saw Champions League final down there. I occasionaly go to The Farm, but usually Coopers as my mate is landlord and gets the arse if I visit the competition.:drink: :drink:

watched both those games in there, one of my mates is a Liverpool fan and has a 'lucky TV' in the Monty - I would dismiss this as bullshit but he watched the first half of the champions league final in the side bar of the pub and confidently stated at half time that if he watched the second half on the other tele they had a chance to turn it around

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here