Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you sit at Lords?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hell that attendance is SHOCKING! Can you imagine Wembley being only three-quarers full for the FA Cup final? I didn't realise the 50 over game was so unpopular these days. I know the tickets were a little pricey and Sussex didn't help themselves with the way they sold them (and ended up sending about 20% of their allocation back), but I don't remember seeing Lords that empty before for a final. Has all the recent success made Sussex fans blase? ("Oh, not, not the chance to win ANOTHER trophy, think I'll give this one a miss.")

EDIT: That's what happens when you get two little teams in the final I suppose.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
They say it was 20,000, didn't look 20,000. If it was the 20:20 final that would have been held at Lord's, what would it have been then?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Those who are commetting on the attendence, my first photo and others were at the start of the game when there were a lot of empty seats but once everybody was there, other than the Pavillion and the far right of the grandstand lower, there didnt appear to be many gaps

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
upper compton h 38 stairwell dd.

when sharkmasks started to pop up about 4pm in the upper compton i was about the 4th shark to stand up. that was probably the highlight of the day

hes here hes there hes every f***ing where sid the shark sid the shark...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I must have been sitting just around you/

I was in row C where the bend started.

I thought the attendence was okay, after the Lanky game I thought it would be a sell out. Lots of people hung around the bars once we lost 3-4 wickets and watched the game on the screen set up on the Nursery pitch.

At halftime I spoke with lots of hampshire fans who thought we had more fans than them and they all said we were much louder. I think they suffer from having two footy sides as all the singing I heard early on was anti Pommy/Saints stuff. One lot started a play up hampshire chant, now if your a saints fan you are not gonner join in with that. Imagine a Sussex we are Glad all over chant....

When I worked in East Grinstead their were lots of Sussex/Palace fans, very odd. I think its where they work and play in Croydon due to the train service, if the trains still ran down to Lewes from there may have been different.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At halftime I spoke with lots of hampshire fans who thought we had more fans than them and they all said we were much louder. I think they suffer from having two footy sides as all the singing I heard early on was anti Pommy/Saints stuff. One lot started a play up hampshire chant, now if your a saints fan you are not gonner join in with that. .

I was sat amoungst a load of Hants fans, all of which were Saints which was quite good as they hated Pompey more than we do.

In front of me in upper compton was a Sussex supporter who also supported the palace!
How can you do that?

There was a youngish (19 or 20) Sussex supporter in an old Pav Sussex top on the train on the way home who was talking to his mate about his team - Palace - he was going home to Hastings

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
EDIT: That's what happens when you get two little teams in the final I suppose.
Or maybe when cricket becomes less prominent a sport in popular consciousness because big finals like that are hidden away on Sky..?:smile: :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here