Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you sit at Lords?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
a few Hampshire down my end of the mound lower, but more Sussex and we did a few GOSBTS chants to get things going

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
looking at the photo's there was quite a few empty seats....did it look like that to those who went?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
looking at the photo's there was quite a few empty seats....did it look like that to those who went?

yeah some areas were very sparse, the MCC/ECB/Whoever cocked up big time in not giving each county enough seats in the first place. It holds 28,000 apparently and I reckon it was just over half full but did'nt hear the attendance so not sure.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey that is not very good seeing as there were two southern teams in the final....we were quoted £45 a ticket for lower mound, bit pricey for me, so umpired at cricket instead.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We sat in the Upper Compton. Got a fair bit of colour from the sun. Thank God it wasn't played today!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Upper Compton north side. All Sussex AFAIK. Times says crowd was around 20,000. Both Sussex and Pantshire returned tickets but Sussex admitted it had encouraged non members to book direct with Lord's.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just to the left under the press box. We were causing a stir with the shark masks:afro:

Think I may have been about three or four rows behind you then. Upper Compton, Row H, seat 130-ish

Were you the guy the steward tried to make take the mask off?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Both Sussex and Pantshire returned tickets but Sussex admitted it had encouraged non members to book direct with Lord's.

As Lords didn't charge you an extra £2.50 booking fee, is is any wonder people got their tickets direct rather than through the club.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Think I may have been about three or four rows behind you then. Upper Compton, Row H, seat 130-ish

Were you the guy the steward tried to make take the mask off?

No, I was directly behind him, It was my mask he asked for it so we all were behind him, something to have a laugh about whilst we were doing shit, I was row E 125 so yeah 3 rows behind, had a good laugh/

Well done:clap: I was further round too the right

Cheers, I snuck one in, was the only one around me with one:yahoo:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pics from my view, WHOOPS sorry for the size!!

Attachments

• DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    779 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    809.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    812.6 KB · Views: 179

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here