Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where about was this SNAP of Brighton fans taken? It was in 1991, I think.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember that after that Boro game I wasn't going home but was staying in Yorkshire, I had to find my way through the streets looking for a rendezvous point as I was being given a lift by a Middlesbrough friend's mother. I didn't know where I was going and I was terrified of asking the way as there seemed to be lots of neanderthals about.

My mate always said that going out for a night in Middlesbrough was an interesting experience and saw what he meant.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We did a school Geography field trip up there once - and did an urban transect of the place where you are dropped off in pairs around the city and walk to the city centre recording industrial, residential, commercial areas etc.

It was an eye-opener that is for sure. I don't think I properly appreciated Brighton before then.

Having said that - I have really liked most people I have met from there.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think I was at this game as well. Memory is a bit fuzzy but stayed up overnight with friends of a friend in Billingham. After a heavy night in the local boozer, one of my mates - DF of woodingdean - puked gallons of guinness all over said friends of friends patio and blamed me for it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've been to a few at Ayresome park but well before this game. I was actually quite surprised as Boro wasn't as slummy as I expected, mind you, the 1st time was near Xmas so was tarted up with Xmas lights.

In those days pubs closed at 2.30 in the afternoon, which was a pretty good hint that it was time to go to the match. yet, at 'boro, closing time was 3.00pm, hence I missed kick off.

I must have been about 4 times but can't remember a decent game. It was always cold and there was one game where I went in the seats and virtually slept through the whole game, a 0-0 draw.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Eaglescliffe?

Nah, I've thought long and hard and I think it was Thornaby, and we drunk in a pub called 'The Dubliner' right outside the station..what a shit'ole! Then we caught THAT 2 carriage train up to M'boro...where you can have a chat with the driver.:lolol:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I was there jesus,That was middlebrough and we got beat 2-0 4th of may 1991,You just never knew which brighton would turn up the good,the bad,or the ugly !! and we sang to the boro fans "you only score with your children" because there was some social care problem up there at the time. There was also an old guy in tight white shorts,socks pulled up to the knee and a sailors cap with a seagull attached to it. The next and last game of the season was Ipswich at home and "that free kick" !!

ps i still have the programme

Wow, that was my first away game i went to on my own - went up on the coach and the only memory I have of the game was the tannoy bloke announcing Boro's second goal "And the scorer of Boro's second goal... Stuaaaaaaaaaaaaaart RIPLEY!" - had that ringing in my ears all the way home :( - not in the photo though thank God!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here