Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where about was this SNAP of Brighton fans taken? It was in 1991, I think.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I've been to their shop in the Lake District (cant remember exactly where!), amazing quality pictures. the big ones are on tin apparently. and that photo was there and it was middlesboro.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Omg! I'm in the picture... a much younger, thinner and bearless version of me :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
542_t_w740_h600.jpg

Anyone?

BTW if you haven't visited that site, give it a visit. It's pukka.

I was there jesus,That was middlebrough and we got beat 2-0 4th of may 1991,You just never knew which brighton would turn up the good,the bad,or the ugly !! and we sang to the boro fans "you only score with your children" because there was some social care problem up there at the time. There was also an old guy in tight white shorts,socks pulled up to the knee and a sailors cap with a seagull attached to it. The next and last game of the season was Ipswich at home and "that free kick" !!

ps i still have the programme

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was at that game. I've looked carefully but can't see myself must have been skulking at the back somewhere.

I remember thinking that it was one of the grimmest locations I'd ever been to for a game (and I'd been to some pretty grim Northern grounds). It looked like something out of a 3rd World country - I was glad to be out of the place.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Is this definitely Middlesbrough? I have seen this picture before and thought it was the old away terrace at Bristol City. I can see a few mates looking a lot lot younger! I am in there somewhere!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes..the clue is the programme on the floor at the front with the word "Boro" across it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was there for that game two, albeit not on the cold terrace. A friend of a friend had won two tickets for hospitality through Dunn and Co (remember them). They couldn't go so two of us (out of a group of about 9) had them. Very nice. Turned up with only about 30 mins to kick off but had a massive carvery meal complete with a couple of pints (in glasses mind, not plastic tumblers). Tea and cake at half time. Result was a bit piss poor but rounded the trip off with an overnight stay in Wakefield.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That was the game the Mike Small was getting some serious racial abuse from the home fans during the warm up and then hit a shot at what seemed about 150mph into the crowd behind the goal as a form of retribution. He got terrible abuse throughout the match.

Nice area :guns:

I'm the youngster in the fetching blue ski jacket on the right (leaning against the crush barrier). I don't recognise anyone else, although I know I didn't go alone (I remember getting back to Shoreham for last orders after the match!).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm the youngster in the fetching blue ski jacket on the right (leaning against the crush barrier). I don't recognise anyone else, although I know I didn't go alone (I remember getting back to Shoreham for last orders after the match!).

You were certainly packing some heat back then Papa, or were you just pleased to be at Ayresome Park?

:thumbsup:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I was there. Albion fans had been singing 'boro fans sh*g their kids' on the train up (due to the Cleveland sex case). Police met us at the railway station and forced us to ride in a van to the station. For our own safety apparently. Remember talking to one copper in the van who had moved up from Southampton. Reckoned the place was a nightmare. The walk back through town afterwards quickened the pulse I seem to remember.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I was there too (though luckily I can't see myself). The reason people are in fancy dress is because it was the last away game of the season. Happy memories :ascarf:

Jan 30, 2008
I was there. Albion fans had been singing 'boro fans sh*g their kids' on the train up (due to the Cleveland sex case). Police met us at the railway station and forced us to ride in a van to the station. For our own safety apparently. Remember talking to one copper in the van who had moved up from Southampton. Reckoned the place was a nightmare. The walk back through town afterwards quickened the pulse I seem to remember.

don't mess with the Boro" frontline "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here