Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When your team are SO gash that you're beyond caring

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Examples:

* In 2000, when Glamorgan limped along to 718/3 against Sussex in the County Championship.
* England in Sweden in 1992. Somehow worse than 1988.
* Watching Derek Pringle "bowl" against the West Indies batsmen throughout the 80s to absolute comedy effect.
* And of course, Magoo's clueless final team performance when we were last relegated: Albion 1-5 Stoke

Any more?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brighton v blackpool - a total EMBARASSMENT in front of the sky cameras

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Harmisons first delivery in the Ashes November 2006. Straight to Flintoff at slip and you just knew that we were going to get tonked.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Most of the time that this man was in charge for his second spell. We were UNBELIEVABLY bad.

adams_1318957c.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Most of the time that this man was in charge for his second spell. We were UNBELIEVABLY bad.

adams_1318957c.jpg

this

i remember thinking what a f***ing chore it was getting the megabus from cheltenham to london for the millwall game and whether to just sack it off and spend a day in the capital. that was just about as bad as it got. thankfully, the news came through he was sacked and the rest of history

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There was a night at Priestfield, which has never been topped for me. It was some poxy Cup, midweek fixtuire, and we got trounced about 4-1 or 5-1. It was truly horrific, even by Priestfield standards, with Mark "tied to his goal-line" Walton staying put for crossed in his 6 yard box to get hammered home.

By the end of that game, I was just sat on the steps (you didn't need to stand for a view over the crowd!) drinking my strange coffee / bovril / chocolate mixed taste from the kiosk, wondering why I bother.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
There was a night at Priestfield, which has never been topped for me. It was some poxy Cup, midweek fixtuire, and we got trounced about 4-1 or 5-1. It was truly horrific, even by Priestfield standards, with Mark "tied to his goal-line" Walton staying put for crossed in his 6 yard box to get hammered home.

By the end of that game, I was just sat on the steps (you didn't need to stand for a view over the crowd!) drinking my strange coffee / bovril / chocolate mixed taste from the kiosk, wondering why I bother.

millwall

didnt we go 1-0 up in that game as well. the terrace was so empty i remember half the crowd sitting down on it

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

adams_1318957c.jpg

That was an all-time low period for me. From the moment Wilkins was inexplicably (in my view) sacked, and replaced by Adams, up until the day Slade rescued us on the last day, was probably the blackest I've felt. It really felt like I'd lost something that would never return as far as my love for the club, and football was concerned.

Praise be to Gus and Tony!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Millwall in whatever the paint pot was called back then. :(

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
When we beat Barnet 1-0 with a penalty to register our first win under Liam Brady. We'd been shit for a while and couldn't buy a win and we didn't so much buy that one as go down on our knees, naked pleading diminished repsonsibility begging for it. I was embarrassed at the end.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That was an all-time low period for me. From the moment Wilkins was inexplicably (in my view) sacked, and replaced by Adams, up until the day Slade rescued us on the last day, was probably the blackest I've felt. It really felt like I'd lost something that would never return as far as my love for the club, and football was concerned.

Praise be to Gus and Tony!!!

for me, that entire period extended from christmas 2005 when we went to the utter shits under mcghee, with valentines day on a tuesday night in norwich being particularly bad. 2006-07 was arguably worse under wilkins, and then despite the fact we finished seventh the season after it was still f***ing dire half the time - mansfield and port vale at home in particular spring to mind. adams then made things ten times worse

really, when you think about how utter bollocks we have been since the start of 2006, it puts the achievements since poyet arrived into an even gretaer context

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Of course it was! I had to ensure a coach load of the them on the train afterwards. My mind had clearly tried to blot that out.

Yup, Moralee put us a goal up. Nobody there. Autowindscreens Shield.

Chant of the night, when we were getting spanked

''You're gonna win the windscreens but you'll smash it anyway...''

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
for me, that entire period extended from christmas 2005 when we went to the utter shits under mcghee, with valentines day on a tuesday night in norwich being particularly bad. 2006-07 was arguably worse under wilkins, and then despite the fact we finished seventh the season after it was still f***ing dire half the time - mansfield and port vale at home in particular spring to mind. adams then made things ten times worse

really, when you think about how utter bollocks we have been since the start of 2006, it puts the achievements since poyet arrived into an even gretaer context

Oh absolutely. Gus has been an absolute magician, when you look at what had gone before him.

Without wishing to open up the whole "Wilkins saga" again, I was quite enjoying his time with us, largely because I'd got myself into the mindset of enjoying the sight of the Albion youngsters coming through, and was quite prepared to give them an extended period of time to work on it, and slowly improve. I was in no rush for success NOW, and had bought in to the idea of a long-term strategy of bringing our own players through. But that was then what made it even worse when I saw Adams steam in and tear that all apart in a matter of weeks. Gone was the consistency of bringing through and nurturing talent, and was replaced with a rapid revolving door of loanees who were a combination of cack and / or couldn't give a 5hit about our club. If the "youth policy" had been ripped up and replaced with immediate success (if Poyet had replaced Wilkins say) then you understand and accept it, but as it was, it was the worst of all situations.

Argh, those Adams days were truly grim, and that's coming from someone who was a season ticket holder for both seasons at Priestfield!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
i seem to remember a live match (possibly the last one on terrestrial) on TV back in the 90's (Bournemouth?) when it appeared as if every member of the team had rubber shins, every time a pass was made it seemed toping of the target player and go to the opposition. Think we had the deckchair kit on but frankly my memories pretty shot :p

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I actually gave up going to games during Adams 2nd spell, I was that pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here