Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Whing is fit again.....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Please please please please can we either drop Adam Virgo altogether or put him at centre half instead of Hinshelwood?

Virgo was utterly dreadful last night (in fact he is dreadful everywhere but CB), but I fear that Micky Adams will continue to shoe-horn him into unsuitable positions, and that this, ultimately, could be what relegates us this season.

I really wish we hadn't re-signed Virgo. It has totally ruined our season, but for this I think MA is far more to blame than Virgs himself.

Do people believe that Virgo signed a contract stating that he had to play every game? I can think of no other sensible reason for him playing all over the place in the way he has. Not, of course, that even this would justify the position swapping; he should be playing CB every week if it's true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
El Abd is a better right back than Virgo as well!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Virgo so far has been a complete waste of wages. Quite substantial wages.

A decent enough centre half, if a little cumbersom.

NOT a right back.
NOT a centre midfielder.
NOT a right midfielder.
NOT a centre forward

It can't be doing his form any good having to play an average of two positions every game.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Do people believe that Virgo signed a contract stating that he had to play every game? I can think of no other sensible reason for him playing all over the place in the way he has. Not, of course, that even this would justify the position swapping; he should be playing CB every week if it's true.

It's obvious that Micky pretty much guaranteed he'd be playing if fit.
I very much doubt though that it's in his contract.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why should Hinsh be dropped?

Because he is showing signs of wear and has been responsibe for a number of goals in recent weeks. He is not good enough in the air to be a central defender so should be replaced by Virgo and perhaps tried in the reserves at right back as he is better on the ground than most pof our defenders. In fact if my memory serves me well he was playing at right back when he suffered the original injury which caused him to be out for so long.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Because he is showing signs of wear and has been responsibe for a number of goals in recent weeks. He is not good enough in the air to be a central defender so should be replaced by Virgo and perhaps tried in the reserves at right back as he is better on the ground than most pof our defenders. In fact if my memory serves me well he was playing at right back when he suffered the original injury which caused him to be out for so long.

I really do think you watch a different game to the rest of us. Hinsh was really good on Tuesday night. Admitedly he (along with Elphick) was caught out by a very well placed through ball for the 4th goal but other that that he was superb against 2 very well rated strikers.

Don't get me wrong, it is obvious to everyone in the ground that Virgs best position is CB but I don't think he's better than Hinsh or Elphick so he should be benched. Won't happen though

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I really do think you watch a different game to the rest of us. Hinsh was really good on Tuesday night. Admitedly he (along with Elphick) was caught out by a very well placed through ball for the 4th goal but other that that he was superb against 2 very well rated strikers.

Don't get me wrong, it is obvious to everyone in the ground that Virgs best position is CB but I don't think he's better than Hinsh or Elphick so he should be benched. Won't happen though

What about the 1st goal ??

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Well as ever your memory does not serve you correctly. When he was injured against Reading he was playing centre back, as he had been since we sold Cullip that season.

He is our best defender and should be the first pick at centre back. Elphick was poor on Tuesday, but then it is an unwritten NSC law, that Elphick must not be criticised.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Because he gifts the oppo a goal most games, is slow, very average positionally and can't pass very well!

He is surprisingly fast considering both knees have been rebuilt.

One own goal, but before Tuesday, since he came back in, generally we have conceeded less goals than when Elphick and the Donkey Derby were playing in defence together.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well as ever your memory does not serve you correctly. When he was injured against Reading he was playing centre back, as he had been since we sold Cullip that season.

He is our best defender and should be the first pick at centre back. Elphick was poor on Tuesday, but then it is an unwritten NSC law, that Elphick must not be criticised.

He has played a number of games at full back and a few in the Adam El Abd midfield role but I, due to his poor heading ability, do not think that he is good enough as a central defender as I think that we have better at the club and so I would try him at right back in the reserves for a couple of games. It is rubbish to say that he is not quick enough as he is just as quick as any other defenders that we have.

I remember him playing full back around about the time of his injury or just before but wasnt sure in which position he was actually playing when he got injured.

It is debatable as to who was the worst on Tuesday Elphick or Hinshlewood, as both were poor and it wouldn't suprise me if MA didnt play Virgo and Hawkins on Saturday

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here