Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Whing is fit again.....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He has played a number of games at full back and a few in the Adam El Abd midfield role but I, due to his poor heading ability, do not think that he is good enough as a central defender as I think that we have better at the club and so I would try him at right back in the reserves for a couple of games. It is rubbish to say that he is not quick enough as he is just as quick as any other defenders that we have.

I remember him playing full back around about the time of his injury or just before but wasnt sure in which position he was actually playing when he got injured.

He has played very few games at right back. He played a few there when he came in, but generally he has played at centre back. He never played the holding role in midfield. Every now and then McGhee would stick him on the right of midfield.

You really do seem to watch completely different games to the rest of us. His heading is surprisingly gpod for somebody who lacks a bit of height.

Still I guess like Whing, you have to have the odd player to try and destroy.

Also at no point have I said he lacks pace.

Still carry on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasting your time Mr Buck. BG has the firmest BLINKERS on NSC.

You'd have more chance of seeing TCB write that he thinks Kuipers is shite, than getting BensGrandad to admit he might be wrong about something.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hinsh played centre midfield on his first game back from his first long injury. Away to Norwich, I think it was. We lost 3-0.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
He is surprisingly fast considering both knees have been rebuilt.

One own goal, but before Tuesday, since he came back in, generally we have conceeded less goals than when Elphick and the Donkey Derby were playing in defence together.

What about the Hartlepool goal??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has played very few games at right back. He played a few there when he came in, but generally he has played at centre back.
So you are agreeing that he played at right back and as others have said he has played as central midfield, granted not very well. Right back is a problem position for us in that I do not think Whing is good enough now as he has gone down hill since we signed him, Virgo is the best centre back at the club so I feel that Hinsh should be tried at right back and I think because he is good on the ground . and arguably our best ball playing defender who can kick with both feet, would be a success. His straight forward headed clearances are ok but when against a reasonably tall striker he wins very little.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So you are agreeing that he played at right back and as others have said he has played as central midfield, granted not very well. Right back is a problem position for us in that I do not think Whing is good enough now as he has gone down hill since we signed him, Virgo is the best centre back at the club so I feel that Hinsh should be tried at right back and I think because he is good on the ground . and arguably our best ball playing defender who can kick with both feet, would be a success. His straight forward headed clearances are ok but when against a reasonably tall striker he wins very little.

So we are back on your Whing bashing.

Hinsh should be the first pick at centre back. The problem with Virgo is he is not the best at any position he covers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So we are back on your Whing bashing.

Hinsh should be the first pick at centre back. The problem with Virgo is he is not the best at any position he covers.

Down to opinions. I am not bashing Whing just saying that IMHO he is a shadow of the player that we bought from Coventry, perhaps this is due to the rumours that he wants to go back to the midlands. Most of the goals we have conceeded have come from the opponents left wing due to Elphick and Whing not covering each other adequately. I also think that Virgo is the best central defender at the club and that Hinsh is behind both him and Elphick as a central defender hence I believe that he should be tried, in the reserves at right back. Obviously you do not agree but who is to say that I am right and you are wrong or vice versa, the man who decides MA will show his hand no doubt and it would not suprise me to see a new central defensive partnership this weekend.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't lie and make things up for yourself, you're just opening yourself up to more criticism

There was rumour on here a couple of weeks ago prior to Jan window that he wanted to go back north as it was put but he comes from Brum area. If I knew how I would search out the thread and post it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here