Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I did and it's all smoke and mirrors.

The application to build the hotel is being made by the Community Stadium Limited - a different company than Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Limited, ('the club')

TB is the majority share holder in each company and in the holding company Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited.

Additional profits in the Stadium will filter back to the holding company but that doesn't mean that they will filter back down to the club - what they do mean though is that overall TB's losses will be reduced.

Do you know for a fact that this is going to be the business model?

Put it this way, if the club were to put in the planning application, it would affect seriously the whole FFP saga; it's not as though it could afford within its tight budgets to pay for a planning application, let alone build the hotel.

However, what you haven't shown is that the club won't benefit from this hotel. You're assuming they won't because they're not the applicants.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Bloom pulled the trigger on Gus because he could see that he was thinking more about himself than the club.
Why on earth would he pull the trigger on Oscar? At the moment, considering the injuries and the transition between managers I actually think we are doing pretty well. The football seems more direct, but we're not firing on all 4 cylinders. We may have to settle for mid table as a result but that is not a failure FFS.. look where we've come from. Its all good. Chill out... look at the positives.. I predict an even bigger and better future under Oscar.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am convinced that it is not OG or NJ's thought that we are playing badly or struggling, it is mine. I cannot remember the last away game that I went to and we won, so I can promise you that I will not be going to Doncaster, Wigan or Bournemouth. If our fortunes turn, you will know why!:(

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Bloom pulled the trigger on Gus because he could see that he was thinking more about himself than the club.
Why on earth would he pull the trigger on Oscar? At the moment, considering the injuries and the transition between managers I actually think we are doing pretty well. The football seems more direct, but we're not firing on all 4 cylinders. We may have to settle for mid table as a result but that is not a failure FFS.. look where we've come from. Its all good. Chill out... look at the positives.. I predict an even bigger and better future under Oscar.

We finished 4th last season. Oscar's appointment was intended to remedy Gus' managerial weaknesses - no plan B and never being able to come back from a goal down - whilst maintaining the technical excellence and ambition of the team. He was meant to be an upgrade to help achieve promotion.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We finished 4th last season. Oscar's appointment was intended to remedy Gus' managerial weaknesses - no plan B and never being able to come back from a goal down - whilst maintaining the technical excellence and ambition of the team. He was meant to be an upgrade to help achieve promotion.

I do not believe for a second that TB would have said to Oscar when he hired him that he must finish 6th or higher this season, which is what you are implying. We did well last year in a very difficult league, it does not automatically follow that we are entitled to a p/o place this year. I think this division is stronger than last year, personally, but I know others believe it is weaker.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think the biggest problem Gus made with the above was that he didn't set up the team to go a goal down frequently enough to give them the opportunity to come from behind.

I've lost count of those posters who wanted Gus out and now want Oscar out - can someone knock up a list so the majority of us can put them on ignore.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We have so far lost a single game more than we have one. We are in lower mid table. On a results basis no new manager could reasonably be expected to have achieved more with the injuries we have had.

Perhaps more the worry is the actual way we have been playing. It seems to me we have good patches in games but they are not long enough or often enough.

Managers know the score and that they need to win games to keep their job. Oscar has a three year contracted and is well respected in the football world. If the crowds drop off and we become adrift in the bottom three I would then expect the Board to act but not until then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People have their heads in the clouds if they truly think he'll get a full season or more if we're struggling. We're already 15th and have shown we can't beat Sheffield Wednesday or Yeovil, the two worst sides in the league. The biggest problem we have right now is not relegation, it's that we could be effectively out of the promotion race with more than half a season to go. We are already 8 points off the play-offs, so if our poor form continues for another month or six weeks then that will be 15 points or more. At that point, it would only be the end of November or early December and we have a crowd of 25,000 who will then go through five months of the season knowing all we are playing for is staying up. That will do a huge amount of damage to the feeling towards the club and, most importantly, ticket sales. Tony Bloom's only hope of getting the fans back on side and reviving some optimism for next year will be to sack Garcia in the new year and get another manager in who, while not being able to achieve promotion, could have a few months of improving us and giving everyone the belief next season might be the one.

We've also shown we can travel to reading and qpr and take points off them, and have shown we can beat burnley (only team to do so as yet this season) three of the strongest teams in the division.

Tony does have another hope. A late/second half of the season push. By January Garcia will know what he needs for his team, will hopefully have players back fit, and a late run will set up a sense that he has finally 'got it', that he now knows the division, has his team set up his way and we will push on and be favourites next season.

Does TB have the £ to sack him even if he wanted to? He did forcibly remove Poyet to save paying for compensation. Suggest we are with Oscar for the long haul, and I'm not convinced that he's a good manager for the Championship. Which is a shame because I'm sure he's a very decent person with a lot of good ideas that might take time he doesn't have to bear fruit.

Was that because he couldn't afford to pay off poyet, or because he didn't want to?

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
In the previous two seasons at the 14 game stage we were on 20 points.
We are currently on 14 points after 12 games so it's quite possible that in two games time we could be in exactly the same position.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I don't know why anyone is panicking. We have not won a single game in the month of October since being back in the Championship. All we are doing is maintain that record. :thumbsup:

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I did and it's all smoke and mirrors.

The application to build the hotel is being made by the Community Stadium Limited - a different company than Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Limited, ('the club')

TB is the majority share holder in each company and in the holding company Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited.

Additional profits in the Stadium will filter back to the holding company but that doesn't mean that they will filter back down to the club - what they do mean though is that overall TB's losses will be reduced.

Yes however if the community stadium Ltd is putting money into the club for land rent or some other "surcharge" you could be filtering money into the club in a FFP avoiding money laundering (but legal) type of way. I am purely speculating but the club could charge inflated prices to the community stadium ltd and therefore get more money into the club than otherwise

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
People have their heads in the clouds if they truly think he'll get a full season or more if we're struggling. We're already 15th and have shown we can't beat Sheffield Wednesday or Yeovil, the two worst sides in the league. The biggest problem we have right now is not relegation, it's that we could be effectively out of the promotion race with more than half a season to go. We are already 8 points off the play-offs, so if our poor form continues for another month or six weeks then that will be 15 points or more. At that point, it would only be the end of November or early December and we have a crowd of 25,000 who will then go through five months of the season knowing all we are playing for is staying up. That will do a huge amount of damage to the feeling towards the club and, most importantly, ticket sales. Tony Bloom's only hope of getting the fans back on side and reviving some optimism for next year will be to sack Garcia in the new year and get another manager in who, while not being able to achieve promotion, could have a few months of improving us and giving everyone the belief next season might be the one.

Would this be the same fans who moaned at Poyet's tippy tappy? Let's face it, Tony has a brain so the last people he'll listen to is sensationalist fans who can't keep their toys in their prams. He's not stupid enough to sack his manager when he's not had a fair go at it. 2 months. 2 MONTHS.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We've also shown we can travel to reading and qpr and take points off them, and have shown we can beat burnley (only team to do so as yet this season) three of the strongest teams in the division.

Tony does have another hope. A late/second half of the season push. By January Garcia will know what he needs for his team, will hopefully have players back fit, and a late run will set up a sense that he has finally 'got it', that he now knows the division, has his team set up his way and we will push on and be favourites next season.

Nah, can we stick to posting twisted shit tinted glasses made up stuff please :thumbsup:

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
What a pointless question, because they aren't are they.I have NEVER once said I want Garcia out.But I have said dozens of times dateing back years that experience in this league is a massive advantage.And that is not an opinion, it a statistic fact.

i'd love to see some of these stats. Indeed if you look at Pulis who has championship experience, only half of it is good and he had several slumps and relegation battles and sackings.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here