Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If and I do stress if we continue going in the wrong direction. Relegation is unthinkable and I don't think it will come to that. But if don't beat Watford or Doncaster. I think Blackburn could be a massive game for Garcia, being just before another two week break. This isn't scare mongering, it is a genuine question.
Actually, there's no question there at all is there. Here's a genuine question for you: do you think posts like yours help the club? I don't. We don't want the players and manager to feel under extra pressure, we want them to feel that they've got our support to turn it around. Just like Man U know Moyes needs time to get everything right, and he's not even new to the premier league.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
But I'm not saying he'll sack him now. I actually said the new year would be the first time he might get rid, which is seven months after his appointment. I think it is highly unlikely we'll get more than 4 points from the next 5 games - Watford (h), Wigan (a) and Bournemouth (a) are all nailed-on defeats for me, while Blackburn (h) is probably our only chance of a win. We might get a 0-0 from Doncaster (a) if we're really lucky. Let's just say we did take 4 points from the next 5 games, we'd probably be a minimum of 12 points off the play-offs. That's not too far away from 'season over' territory. I don't think many people are going to call for Oscar's head this early or while we have so many players out, but on the back of another five poor results, December will be a different story. December is the big month for Oscar. In it, we play four struggling/poor teams in Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Charlton AND we should have the likes of Bridcutt, Orlandi and Ulloa back. If those games go wrong, the injuries excuse has disappeared and we are out of promotion contention by Christmas I think he'll be gone in the new year.

I know you said new year but we're not going to carry on having such bad luck and from now on we won't be striker-less. I think we'll get at least 9 points from the next 5. Lita has had 20 minutes after being here a day, so will start against Watford. Hopefully we'll have Blackstock by then too. We may not make the play offs this year but that's no surprise. The manager has to build.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I don't know why anyone is panicking. We have not won a single game in the month of October since being back in the Championship. All we are doing is maintain that record. :thumbsup:

oh no don't tell me we have another unwanted record that people are going to go on about until we get that monkey off our back.....if we don't win at watford we have another year to wait to win.......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Actually, there's no question there at all is there. Here's a genuine question for you: do you think posts like yours help the club? I don't. We don't want the players and manager to feel under extra pressure, we want them to feel that they've got our support to turn it around. Just like Man U know Moyes needs time to get everything right, and he's not even new to the premier league.

Totally agree.

Starting a thread called When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger? completely undermines the good work of the club, and if some fans believe that polluting the internet with this rubbish is supporting the club, who needs Palace trolls when our so called own do the dirty work for them?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Moyes should never have got the Utd job in the first place.Keeping a big club like Everton up for ten years is hardly the right cv for a job like Utd.He wont be there next season.No champions league will cost them millions and millions.People say it took Fergie 5 years to get it right. But they forget Utd hadn't won the league for over 20 years. Hardly a comparison to Moyes now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I just have 2 words for you Stale Solbakken, exactly the same CV as Oscar, a big cheese in a small league. Hopelessly out of his depth in the Championship despite a reasonable start and when he was sacked Wolves were too late to save.

As for the injuries I remember a woefully depleted Albion side totally outplay the league leaders and thrash them on 1/1/12, why can't we show that spirit now instead of blaming the situation ?

Maybe we would against 10 men.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Totally agree.

Starting a thread called When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger? completely undermines the good work of the club, and if some fans believe that polluting the internet with this rubbish is supporting the club, who needs Palace trolls when our so called own do the dirty work for them?

Rubbish. It Undermines nothing...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'd say it is pretty simple: Bloom will pull the trigger if we get to the point where a) we are in serious danger of getting relegated and b) he thinks somebody else would be able to save us from it. That's not going to happen until Feb / March at the absolute earliest (it's not going to happen anyway).

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You've lost the plot...advance thinking by the club in building hotel and car parks...FFP will leave a lot of clubs in trouble...at least we are preparing for it...you like many today will not wait for success...you want it now...you'd rather we spend millions on players and wages and the slightest slip up and we are in deep poo poo...just where did buying players,Robinson,Gordon Smith get us...almost into administration...we've been there,done that...not again please.

It's rare that I agree with you but I'm 100% with you, to have a financially sustainable club should be the first aim. I know it's not sexy but that is the best for the club in the long run.

Some argue that shooting for the prem makes us financially sustainable. It does, as long as we get there and stay there and with the great bunfight to get out of the league, are the odds ever going to be good enough to make going for broke a calcualted risk, rather than a throw of the dice?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ok an attention seeking bitchfest is just what the club needs, forgive me.

What on earth do you mean 'what the club needs'. What ****ing difference does it make what we discuss on NSC, whether it's the death of a racing horse or whether we want the manager sacked, do you think it makes a blind bit of difference to the club?

You really are the most tedious handwringer I've seen on this board in a long time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone that pays the club around £ 1000 a year for a season ticket, pie and pint is fully entitled to question the way things are going if they want. The worst thing the club can do is take that support for granted. We are the Consumers as Barber said and as we have that label all consumers will want value for money.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree with Husty on this one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do not believe for a second that TB would have said to Oscar when he hired him that he must finish 6th or higher this season, which is what you are implying. We did well last year in a very difficult league, it does not automatically follow that we are entitled to a p/o place this year. I think this division is stronger than last year, personally, but I know others believe it is weaker.

TB stated quite clearly, at the fans forum, in front of Oscar, that he wanted a play off spot this season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I agree with Husty on this one.

I use this site to support the club 100%, if posters don't like my opinion on other peoples opinion, that's fine, it doesn't mean I shouldn't share it.

Some posters can have a pop at Bloom, Barber, Burk, Oscar and individual players, but when someone has a pop at them they spit the dummy.

Sometimes people need to take their shit tinted glasses off and I am more than happy to express this view.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
TB stated quite clearly, at the fans forum, in front of Oscar, that he wanted a play off spot this season.

Again, what would you expect him to say? "Didn't get a proper pre-season, players feeling the after effects of a play off loss, players growing to trust a new manager, a new manager getting to know his team and the division, no wayne bridge, qpr, reading and wigan looking strong, blimey, we'll be lucky to avoid a relegation dogfight. Let's hope no more players get injured, eh?" Of course he is going to say that he hoped for a top 6 finish. No owner is going to tell fans he expects less than the season before. To hold that up as a suggestion that anything less than top 6 means head will roll is wrong. Even if when he said it he meant it (I suspect he realised it was at least 'not nailed on'), he is not naive or stubborn enough to maintain it in the face of the 14 injured players over the course of the opening 12 games.

It's also worth noting that when he said that our only injuries were Hoskins, CMS, and Chicksen. None of whom were available while we were showing the (second?) best form of any team in the championship.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If those games go wrong, the injuries excuse has disappeared and we are out of promotion contention by Christmas I think he'll be gone in the new year.

If all of that came to pass, do you think he SHOULD be sacked in the New Year? Bearing in mind the person in your avatar, and how close he was to the sack early in his Man Utd career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here