Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did it start to go wrong?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
After we won the FA Charity Shield, I thought we were destined for greater things at the highest level. But someone f***ed it up, and now we're where we are now.

And our fans have emigrated to Australia. :ohmy: Thats really where it started to go wrong! :lol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It started to go wrong when a striker was not signed the season we were relegated from the Championship,its been all downhill since then.

Agreed. If we'd have got a striker in during January instead of waiting until it was too late, it looked like we would have stayed up.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Is completely the correct answer. Due to injuries Micky stumbled across his best team. No they weren't all the best players but they were hungry and they wanted it.

Elphick/Virgo as our central defence.

Livermore in central midfield.

Mixed in with hard workers like Loft and Fraser. Adding to this Thomson being given a more attacking role where he actually looked GOOD!

Next game, when the other players came back, he went back to the same old shite:angry:

Excellent post. When Micky put together the Zamora team we usually played 4-5-1.

I can't come to terms with how bad the Albion have been tactically especially at Withdean. The one time we used 4-5-1 was agst Man City and then it was never tried again. Visiting teams know how to play at Withdean which is a small and narrow pitch. Micky has spent 7 months struggling to work out how to play on a pitch he knows well.
Unbelievable!

Taking over at the Goldstone, what was wrong with the County Ground? ???

There's a lot of shite posts on here by people who think they're funny when they're just tedious but you really take the biscuit.

How do you manage to stay consistently dull and irrelevant? You only allow yourself one line yet you have the power to make me want to stab myself in the eyes rather than read another of your dull dull one-line excrement.

There's a lot of shite posts on here by people who think they're funny when they're just tedious but you really take the biscuit.

How do you manage to stay consistently dull and irrelevant? You only allow yourself one line yet you have the power to make me want to stab myself in the eyes rather than read another of your dull dull one-line excrement.

Get 'er! :safeway2:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
When did it all start going wrong?

I believe that Douglas Adams explained this very clearly:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would argue the lack of investment when we were in the Championship when the bankrolling of a player or two until the end of the season might have kept us up (and if it didn't it might have kept the fans happy for at least having a go).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here