Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your Reception for Murray when he returns???

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
One of our lads has already 6 tickets in your end, and has been told he can only have them if he promising to stay neutral and has been told there are lots more available but will go to so called brighton fans for first refusal

I doubt that any Palace fan will last more than a few minutes in any of the home stands. They will find it impossible to stay neutral ( If Brighton score will they pretend to celebrate, if Palace score ( unlikely I know ) will they be able to sit on their hands ? ), thus identifying themselves to the stewards and the surrounding fans. The result - either ejection or a good shoeing, or maybe both.

You do have some quite good businessmen down there in brighton, turns out a number of people bought season tickets with no intention of going to watch but instead to sell the ticket each week at a profit.
One of our lads has already 6 tickets in your end, and has been told he can only have them if he promising to stay neutral and has been told there are lots more available but will go to so called brighton fans for first refusal

bearing in mind how smart cards operate this is better read in the voice of that bullshitter in The Inbetweeners

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think you have a valid point, BUT I disagree with you that he turned his back on promoted Brighton. Gus didn't want him that much, and there lies the difference. IF we had offered him as much as Palace on a three year deal and he left then I would be f***ing livid, but we didn't, because as much as I think Murray is a cracking centre forward, Gus is looking for a different type of player..............I think.

We do have a duty to make the Amex as intimidating as possible against Palace, and I am with you on that. The comments about career ending injuries from out players in respect of him go too far IMO.

Again, stripping it back to basics, it's only a job.

The thing is El Pres, the ins and out of it don't really matter. This is football, and Murray left on bad terms to join our rivals. And for that we should give him hell. He probably wont care, and most people probably would have done the same thing in his situation, but since when did that matter? He is a footballer, and that's what happens. Pig's heads at the ready.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
yeah right

What he asked for was a little more than he was already on money-wise (given his age and contribution to the promotion the increase was reasonable and understandable IMHO). The club used this as an excuse to get rid. Poyet cancelled two meetings with him where this was to be discussed. If it was one of the clubs priorities to have his contract extended would this have happened? Personally I very much doubt it.

I understand why he left, I also understand that he wanted to stay in the area and the only other respectful offer was from Palace. Why do people have a problem with him for doing the logical thing...?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Cloughie that aint a serious question at the end there, is it? Shirely not

I know it seems RIDICULOUS but he has just done what was best for him and his family. Remember, he is not a local and hasn't grown up detesting Palace. To him they are just another team...

I'm certainly not saying that I agree with his decision, but I can understand it.

hp1991

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
I'll give him a clap, haven't forgotten what he done for the club. My other half had a chat with him the other day...it seems he didn't want to leave.

SeaGoal

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Good Evening Albion fans.

I will boo Crystal Palace when they are in our ground, but i will be clapping Glenn for what he gave us while at the club, cant fault it, he is a very good player. As speaking to him the other day when in my place of work, he is still living in Brighton.. Who knows if true but Glenn told me he wanted to stay and Gus decided he didnt want him involved in the squad. possibly money issues but i can only see Murray going to Pal Arse as is is close to Brighton.

So booo to Pal ARSE and good luck to Glenn

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Various vicious and over-the-top shouted comments full of hate and vitriol. If I saw him in the street I would however be polite / let him be. This is because the correct venue for venting our feelings at his professional decision is the clash with our hated rivals and he deserves all he gets. Outside of the clash - live and let live / thank him for his work getting us promoted last season. Another human being. Just saiyan.

D

Deleted member 2719

Never booed Hammond or Harding or any other Ex Albion player in the past.

BUT Murray is going to get it LARGE.:wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here