Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats your opinion on crawley town

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I too was at the Broadfield last night with my Southend United supporting flatmate but I was in the away end, the tannoy announced 900 odd Southend btw.

That ground was eerie, if Crawley fans sung then we couldn't hear them in the away end.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I too was at the Broadfield last night with my Southend United supporting flatmate but I was in the away end, the tannoy announced 900 odd Southend btw.

That ground was eerie, if Crawley fans sung then we couldn't hear them in the away end.

I thought they said 575 supporters on the tannoy, to be honest I thought there were more than that and thought the crowd looked bigger than 3200, Agree though Crawley do need to learn how to create an atmosphere!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd rather have Crawley in the league than yet more two-bob teams in the north west with 1,400 fans every week - what exactly do Accrington, Macclesfield and Morecambe bring to the party?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Good luck to them. They're buying there way into the league and I'm sure the bubble will burst eventually. As long as they don't think they can challenge us for the title Kings of Sussex then I don't mind. They'd make an excellent feeder club!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
fine by me.

they got there by putting a good team together. Very easy to spend that type of money and get it wrong but they haven't yet. Just hope that it doesn't all go tits up.........................

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think they have a good chance of going up again, and possibly winning the JPT due to a good squad and L1 teams not really being bothered by it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll try to give you ten things:
1. That crooked, fat, tosspot of a manager
5. The fairweather plastic/fans (although this could be thrown at us this season)

I just love the fact as a club they decided to make their club badge the same as.....
Crawley_badge.png
210.png

The manager is truly an awful individual.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I just love the fact as a club they decided to make their club badge the same as.....
Crawley_badge.png
210.png

I was given a ticket to go watch Crawley against Safend last night and thought i would report back to fellow Sussex fans on my experiance. Crowd was about 3200 which included just over 500 from the visitors who to be fair made a bit of a noise at the beginning. First half was not good, both sides (safend with Harris and Dickinson up front) played very narrow and resorted to the long ball game and at half time i was very disapointed from Crawley, expected a lot more from them. 2nd period though was totally differnent, Crawley put the ball on the floor, brought Torres and Simpson into the game more and simpley ripped Safend to pieces, they could just not cope the movement and pace of Crawleys play, they have a chap signed from Everton called Akpan in the middle who just drives at the back four with good skill and vision and with Tubbs and Barnett up front they have pace and power, Tubbs is very similar to CMS (not same level) where he just runs all night and closes down very quick, the first was a 35 yard chip from the MOM Howell and the second a clear cut pen from Tubbs, the Third was delightful, about 20 passes with Tubbs finishing with a nice header. They could have had another 5 or 6 if it were not for the keeper and some bad finishing. How Tubbs is still at that Club I will never no as he is in my opinion championship standard, has the lot, movement, pace, eye for goal, loves a challenge and fitness of CMS. Disappointment for me was the noise from the home crowd, very limited song choice and very few songs, think that will come as more bigger teams go there, two that did make me laugh though were "evans evans give us a wave" which he did do to which the Crawey fans replied with "you fat bastard you fat bastard you fat bastard" to which he waved again and the other was when Howell scored the first with his chip, the crawley fans started singing "your too small to be in goal, your too small to be in goal"

Overall based on the first half, Crawley will be playoffs as although not good, they are very organised, based upon 2nd half, I honestly think they will walk the league as the football is not league 2 standard, its top of league 1 and teams wont cope with it. and they still have Pablo Mills and Bulman to come back from injury which will just make them stronger.

An enjoyable evening really ruined by Palarse winning, but finished off with a walk to the Downsman and a couple of pints.

I tend to agree that he has a reputation of being a tosser, but seeing him last night and having spoken to people that watch all the time, he is very passionate about the club and has a very good relationship with the fans, hence the singing last night, I also think he is very clever as the 1st and 2nd half were totally different styles, it was as if he planned it that way, first half go narrow and see what they have, and 2nd half resort to the football and tear them apart.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I dont hate the club really, its more the town that I cant stand.

But I agree with [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] if we could form some sort of tie up with them and send some of the youger players there that would be great, whats the point of sending our decent prospects to mickey mouse teams like Burgess Hill and Bognor?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Jumped up little club from the complete toilet that is Crawley, their manager is as about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Crawley_badge.png
210.png

I was given a ticket to go watch Crawley against Safend last night and thought i would report back to fellow Sussex fans on my experiance. Crowd was about 3200 which included just over 500 from the visitors who to be fair made a bit of a noise at the beginning. First half was not good, both sides (safend with Harris and Dickinson up front) played very narrow and resorted to the long ball game and at half time i was very disapointed from Crawley, expected a lot more from them. 2nd period though was totally differnent, Crawley put the ball on the floor, brought Torres and Simpson into the game more and simpley ripped Safend to pieces, they could just not cope the movement and pace of Crawleys play, they have a chap signed from Everton called Akpan in the middle who just drives at the back four with good skill and vision and with Tubbs and Barnett up front they have pace and power, Tubbs is very similar to CMS (not same level) where he just runs all night and closes down very quick, the first was a 35 yard chip from the MOM Howell and the second a clear cut pen from Tubbs, the Third was delightful, about 20 passes with Tubbs finishing with a nice header. They could have had another 5 or 6 if it were not for the keeper and some bad finishing. How Tubbs is still at that Club I will never no as he is in my opinion championship standard, has the lot, movement, pace, eye for goal, loves a challenge and fitness of CMS. Disappointment for me was the noise from the home crowd, very limited song choice and very few songs, think that will come as more bigger teams go there, two that did make me laugh though were "evans evans give us a wave" which he did do to which the Crawey fans replied with "you fat bastard you fat bastard you fat bastard" to which he waved again and the other was when Howell scored the first with his chip, the crawley fans started singing "your too small to be in goal, your too small to be in goal"

Overall based on the first half, Crawley will be playoffs as although not good, they are very organised, based upon 2nd half, I honestly think they will walk the league as the football is not league 2 standard, its top of league 1 and teams wont cope with it. and they still have Pablo Mills and Bulman to come back from injury which will just make them stronger.

An enjoyable evening really ruined by Palarse winning, but finished off with a walk to the Downsman and a couple of pints.

I dont hate the club really, its more the town that I cant stand.

But you live in Haywards Heath, Sussex's dullest commuter town (with the possible exception of East Grinstead)

you took the words out of my mouth, but it does have Wisdom Sports so not all bad

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I tend to agree that he has a reputation of being a tosser, but seeing him last night and having spoken to people that watch all the time, he is very passionate about the club and has a very good relationship with the fans, hence the singing last night, I also think he is very clever as the 1st and 2nd half were totally different styles, it was as if he planned it that way, first half go narrow and see what they have, and 2nd half resort to the football and tear them apart.

I've had first hand up close experience of the man, both when he was Boston United's manager and then with Crawley Town. He's unbelievable, he's been up for assault I don't know how many times, punched an opposing teams player, physically threatened officials both during and after games, abusive to opposing teams directors and officials (I witnessed this first hand from the Crawley Town directors box), and has a crime sheet longer than the Falmer station queue at 5pm on a Saturday. He may well have passion for the club, and know how to switch tactics halfway through a game, but that doesn't stop him being a complete moron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here