Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your OCD?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I have a problem with Grammar. If it isn't right I go CRAZY! Your instead of You're does my head in. It makes me feel SICK when i see it. Also if i hear anything out of tune i get a really bad headache and sometimes THROW UP.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My dvd collection. It has to be ordered, but the specific order changes. It used to be genre (then alphabetical) it's currently in the sections 'box sets', musicals, disney, then the rest, the rest are ordered primarily in rating order, so it's easier for my nieces to look for ones they can borrow.

I also have small shelves that I use for grouping tv show box sets together.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Alarm clock must be on an even minute (e.g. 10:32 or 11:04) before I go to sleep, if I look and its on e.g. 11:05 I have to wait until 11:06 but I'm not allowed to watch the clock waiting for it to change from 11:05 to 11:06, I just have to look back at the right time and if I miss it I have to wait until 11:08. It's pop-tastic fun and I have to do it without the missus noticing, not helped by the alarm being on her side of the bed.

SHAMONE MURTHER FUGGER!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolutely none, but I'm always surprised how many people appear to suffer from (if not the actual disease) some behaivour like that.

A common one is people getting stressed out how "messy" your desk is, even though it is nowhere near them.

In offices you also get people, so extremely organised that a slight change in their "schedule" sends them potty.

I often help people out with spreadsheets and general IT type stuff and I get the impression sometimes that the person asking me has allocated 4 minutes in their day, whilst if I take 5 they start to twitch.

I always deliberately take longer to do something, if anyone dares look at their watch while I'm doing it...

I must drive these people mad. Oh well..

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The notes in my wallet have to be in correct order ( £20, £10, £5 ) and all facing the same way.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I have a problem with Grammar. If it isn't right I go CRAZY! Your instead of You're does my head in. It makes me feel SICK when i see it. Also if i hear anything out of tune i get a really bad headache and sometimes THROW UP.

Presume you went crazy reading your own post then DQ?!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I count stuff. Especially stairs, whenever I walk up or down a flight of stairs I count them, automatically, even when I go up the stairs in my house, and I know roughly how many of them there are.

You f***ing HERO!

I do EXACTLY that.

13 stairs at home.

74 steps from the top floor to the ground floor in Ikea Southampton.

*fuckingsadbastard*

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
have a real problem with my car alarm. i set it when i get out and i repeatedly say in my head set, set , set , set and literally 20 yards down the road i have to go back and check it.

also i really cant relax in the front room , ie on a sunday, big night the night before you just wanna chill with your feet up . i cant do that if the house is a mess. thus i have to tiday . i also have a 2 and a half year old so this causes a few problems:laugh: and the missus is just as messy.

i always put my things (car keys , wallet etc ) in the same place . whereas the missus keeps putting her things wherever. thus she can never find her things . winds me up so much . now if she asks have i seen her keys/bag/shoes/purse/etc etc etc i just ignore her. literally . i dont say anything dont look at her.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The notes in my wallet have to be in correct order ( £20, £10, £5 ) and all facing the same way.

I do that, also I have worn odd socks for over fifteen years. I even wear odd converse now.

I believe OCD had something to do with autism, and apparently everyone is autistic to some extent.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Loads of things including having to click the ignition on the hob to check the gas taps are off 4 (or a multiple of) times, not using the first of anything in a packet (rizlas, bread, biscuits etc), alongside the more mundane handwashing, checking the doors are locked endlessly etc

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had this thing for the last couple of years of always wanting to tread on the leftest of those bobbled paving slabs on crossings for the blind. And then putting my foot in the space of those triangles painted in the middle of roads that have to mean something to drivers. I don't fall apart not doing it, but if not many people are looking i veer towards it. And even when people are there i pretend to get out of someone's way to tread there. It seems ever so right to do. And when i see those British Telecom signs in the pavement, or the gas or electric ones i don't like to walk on them at all, and try to go around them to the left.

Oh, and when i watch something with subtitles i count the syllables with my heartbeat hoping they'll all meet a multiplication of 4. My girlfriend is Spanish, so everything we watch has subtitles and i struggle to stop counting, barely watching the programme at all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm the same with beer. I can't just have one.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
The volume on the TV always has to be on a number ending in 5 or 0, if someone else puts on a different number, usually 26, i have to change it immediately :tantrum:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Do you know those NTL cable boxes thingys in the pavement. Sometimes there are two somthimes three. Well when there are three I will never step on all three, as the rule of 1 for luck 2 for a f*** and 3 for bad luck has stuck with me since school.

It got so bad a few years ago whilst christmas shopping with my brother i had to skip quite far (the pavement is busy with people) and i ended up on my arse. Yet i still do it.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I knew this was getting worse, what's wrong with you all ?

I put to down to cracks appearing in the humans ability to deal with modern life.

My only OCD is constantly noticing the traits listed above in other people.

We've got a bit of a hand gel thing going on at work...

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I count steps but also do a really weird thing before the Albion play....

The last TV prog i watch - i choose a name and it has to appear in the credits at the end for us to win!!!

Plus i have to salute magpies wherever i am, no matter what!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here