Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your OCD?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I count stuff. Especially stairs, whenever I walk up or down a flight of stairs I count them, automatically, even when I go up the stairs in my house, and I know roughly how many of them there are.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Things in the right place, i.e. keys ALWAYS put them in the same place, wallet same place, phone same place etc etc just find it easier (excuse the pun) also dishwasher, knifes pointing down, plates straight etc!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Things in the right place, i.e. keys ALWAYS put them in the same place, wallet same place, phone same place etc etc just find it easier (excuse the pun) also dishwasher, knifes pointing down, plates straight etc!

Its a good job you don't live with my other half then mate, She moves EVERYTHING as soon as I put it down. I spend half my life rooting through drawers, cupboards, shelves looking for my Keys, Mobile, Wallet etc. which she has "tidied" ...I kid you not I have to conduct a search at least once a day despite pleading with her to just leave my essentials alone so I can find them. The amount of times I've had to call my own phone so I can locate it hidden in a kitchen drawer or have been late because my car keys have been put in some completely illogical place because "They were messing the place up"...its like living with the fricking Borrowers round mine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
:thumbsup:
Its a good job you don't live with my other half then mate, She moves EVERYTHING as soon as I put it down. I spend half my life rooting through drawers, cupboards, shelves looking for my Keys, Mobile, Wallet etc. which she has "tidied" ...I kid you not I have to conduct a search at least once a day despite pleading with her to just leave my essentials alone so I can find them. The amount of times I've had to call my own phone so I can locate it hidden in a kitchen drawer or have been late because my car keys have been put in some completely illogical place because "They were messing the place up"...its like living with the fricking Borrowers round mine.

Ah, well there we have the root cause of my OCD, fed up with the issues you face today I identified a place for all this and it became a wife no-go zone; brokered for me as part of a UN Peace Keeping deal in our house!

Alas she hasn't kept to her side of the bargain on the dishwasher front and still put knifes in blade uppermost! (For this I am refusing to trade with her, or rather her with I ... damn, that's where I'm going wrong!)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Set myself challenges in my head which relate to how things may turn out ie on the drive home tonight had to see 3 magpies for us to win tomorrow, saw more than 3 so was ok but if had seen none I'd still be out there now.

Amount of challenges that get set is frustrating. Another common one is having a shit then having to turn all the loo paper wet with a piss after

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another common one is having a shit then having to turn all the loo paper wet with a piss after
Common for you, maybe. Weirdo. :lol:

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is indeed true that males are far more likely to have OCD than females. I like lining up all my DVDs and Blu rays, food facing the right way in the cupboard (label showing) and my clothes are sorted into shirts, polo shirts, t-shirts etc

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was going to say that I didn't really have one but correcting punctuation and spelling mistakes are two habits that I can't shake off.

A girlfriend from nearly 30 years ago used to send me love letters, which I would go through with a red pen and correct any spelling/punctuation mistakes and return to her...

It's my cross to bear...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A girlfriend from nearly 30 years ago used to send me love letters, which I would go through with a red pen and correct any spelling/puctuation mistakes and return to her...

It's my cross to bear...:thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

That beats me. I'd never have done that... although about 30 years ago, I did go back to some girl's flat for a drink and she starts reading me some sexual stories that she'd written and I started criticising the prose style.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I'm with the 'put the essentials in the same place' brigade, and I also check my alarm a few times, even when I know I've already set it

Mt bf is very OCD about whether he has shut the door, turned the cooker off etc. When I'm feeling particularly mean, I will wait until he has settled into bed at night after checking all the lights are out, then ask if he has shut the fridge door. He has to get up and check, then I wait for him to settle again before asking if the oven is off! Oh the comedy! It can go on for hours! :lol::lol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm a fairly messy and chaotic person, but all lever arches have to have the contents hole punched perfectly straight ... and all staples must be very neatly in the very top left corner.

I drive people mad with that at work.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Putting all the tins in the cupboard round the right way.
CD's in the right order.
Dont step on the cracks on the pavement. (seriously)

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
OK it's confession time. I have to touch door handles and light switches an even amount of times. When I get into bed I have to make sure that my right foot touches the floor last. When I'm playing my Ipod I have to play a song right through to the end so it is recorded in my "most played" section of Itunes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here