Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats your NSC claim to fame?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whats your take on Khan vs Barrera ?
Khan is going to get his face totally smashed in, isn't he ?

My personal belief is that, despite the fact that Barrera is, as is pointed out in every preview of the fight, 35 years old and maybe not as good as he was, going to be too good for Khan on Saturday night. The gamble that Khan's team are taking is that Barrera has nothing left, and so will be easy for Khan to pick off and so have a big name on his record.

Even if that is the case though (which I'm not convinced it is) even a faded version of a 6-time, 3-weight World Champion is leagues ahead of anyone with whom Khan has been in the ring to date, and although it was a few years ago, you only have to look at what happened the last time MAB faced a hyped-up British fighter with blurring handspeed and a slightly suspect chin and defence.

One thing Khan may have in his favour is Freddie Roach, who I regard as the best trainer in the world, and who has trained Manny Pacquiao to beat Barrera twice so knows hoow to go about doing it, of course the problem with that is that Khan is nowhere near the fighter that Pacquiao is.

Barrera has trained ferociously for this one, and is certainly not coming over to pick up a paycheck or make up the numbers. No Mexican fighter has ever won World Titles in 4 different weight divisions, and he wants to be the first, so he has a serious motivation there beyond the financial.

My prediction is that Khan will land a few decent shots early, but quickly become discouraged when he realises that Barrera isn't going to fold like many of his previous oppponents have. Barrera will use every trick in the book to slow Khan down and keep him off his rhythm, while slowly starting to pick him apart en route to a late stoppage or points victory.

Khan will probably come back better than Hamed did, of course he has youth on his side, and may well develop into a world class fighter in the next few years, but I think this is too much of a gamble too soon.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
See below....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My personal belief is that, despite the fact that Barrera is, as is pointed out in every preview of the fight, 35 years old and maybe not as good as he was, going to be too good for Khan on Saturday night. The gamble that Khan's team are taking is that Barrera has nothing left, and so will be easy for Khan to pick off and so have a big name on his record.

Even if that is the case though (which I'm not convinced it is) even a faded version of a 6-time, 3-weight World Champion is leagues ahead of anyone with whom Khan has been in the ring to date, and although it was a few years ago, you only have to look at what happened the last time MAB faced a hyped-up British fighter with blurring handspeed and a slightly suspect chin and defence.

One thing Khan may have in his favour is Freddie Roach, who I regard as the best trainer in the world, and who has trained Manny Pacquiao to beat Barrera twice so knows hoow to go about doing it, of course the problem with that is that Khan is nowhere near the fighter that Pacquiao is.

Barrera has trained ferociously for this one, and is certainly not coming over to pick up a paycheck or make up the numbers. No Mexican fighter has ever won World Titles in 4 different weight divisions, and he wants to be the first, so he has a serious motivation there beyond the financial.

My prediction is that Khan will land a few decent shots early, but quickly become discouraged when he realises that Barrera isn't going to fold like many of his previous oppponents have. Barrera will use every trick in the book to slow Khan down and keep him off his rhythm, while slowly starting to pick him apart en route to a late stoppage or points victory.

Khan will probably come back better than Hamed did, of course he has youth on his side, and may well develop into a world class fighter in the next few years, but I think this is too much of a gamble too soon.
Khan will be under far more pressure to deliver.Age hasn't really got to much to do with it but amount of fights a fighter has been in.Lewis peaked in his 30's.Khan can't take a punch and Barrera knows it.I'm going for a Barrera knock out which will basicially end Khan's career as a top fighter.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I once drunkenly bowed down to Adam Virgo in a nightclub. And asked Ben Roberts when he would be back from injury - the answer of course turned out to be 'never'.

Also represented NSC's finest in last summer's 6-a-side, with a mixture of epic success and heartwrenching failure.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Introduced the annual World's Hardest Creature Contest to NSC. Without which we would never have known that the Polar Bear is DOUBLE HARD and that the honeybadger's bite isn't as ferocious as it's bark...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
THPP hereby claims copyright on the following NSC tried and trusted retorts:

- 'Have you tried switching it off and on again?'

- 'Leon Knight, He's Alright :thumbsup: '

It's the fact that doesn't lie.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I also am the NSC weather forecaster in residence..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here