Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 5.5 - 6.5%

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 6.5% +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Just wondered what roughly most people are paying as muggins here took out a 5 year fixed rate at 6.5% (it wasnt too bad at the time). Makes ya feel sick really as I am paying roughly £200a month more than I should be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mine is 0.4% above base rate, ends in May though, but already been offered a renewal rate at 4.0% for 2 years which I think I will take

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I'm going to make you all feel sick.

We moved three years ago, got a lifetime tracker, 0.19% above base. I'm happy as a pig in brown stuff at the moment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just wondered what roughly most people are paying as muggins here took out a 5 year fixed rate at 6.5% (it wasnt too bad at the time). Makes ya feel sick really as I am paying roughly £200a month more than I should be.

Are the penalties high ?, probably are but might be worth looking at re mortgaging. The best one I arranged was a tracker for 2 years, £ 1m mortgage, monthly payment last 11 months - £ 300.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Are the penalties high ?, probably are but might be worth looking at re mortgaging. The best one I arranged was a tracker for 2 years, £ 1m mortgage, monthly payment last 11 months - £ 300.

To be honest I havent looked into it, the details will be filed away somehwere at home (im at work at the mo), im with the halifax so maybe you would know roughly what they charge?. I dont have the money to pay a redemption anyway so if I were to do it, I would be adding it to the mortgage and I see that as borrowing more money. so surely a no no?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I'm going to make you all feel sick.

We moved three years ago, got a lifetime tracker, 0.19% above base. I'm happy as a pig in brown stuff at the moment.

Congrats, I didn't think anyone had a better one than mine which is lifetime tracker at 0.2499% above base, it also had no set up fee either. Did yours? Seems unbelievable now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
penalties prob 3-4% of loan.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am on and have been on for 2 and a half years a 5yr fixed at 5.29% which was excellent at the time. It doesn't bother me too much as I know exactly what I have to pay each month and that hasn't changed. Sure it would be nice to be paying less but at least I know where I am and at the moment can afford to pay the mortgage.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Congrats, I didn't think anyone had a better one than mine which is lifetime tracker at 0.2499% above base, it also had no set up fee either. Did yours? Seems unbelievable now.

I know, it would have 0.14% but we ran out of time on that offer, as we weren't quite ready to move. There was only some application fee of £35 or so.

At the time there were cheaper deals for 2, 3 and 5 years, as the base rate was about 5%, but we just didn't want the hassle of having to look round every few years so we took the lifetime tracker. So pleased we did.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I get the tracker rate however it expires in December so what might happen then ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolute buttons at the moment, which is fantastic.

As soon as my 5 year fixed rate was approaching its end, I was on the internet scouring for better rates. The best 5 minutes work I think I've ever done.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Currently on 2.5% which is Nationwides SVR (max +2% on base rate) that I dropped onto after my tracker finished.

Seeing as I'm now on about 110% LTV I think it's the best I can currently get!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am on an offset tracker which is currently at 1.25%...probably not the cheapest, but I have kept my monthly payments the same since I was paying about 5% and the amount owing is sailing downwards nicely!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Also been on Nationwide's SVR since our fixed deal ended, 2% above base.

Overpaying like crazy to try and build up equity for when we need to get a decent fixed deal again in future.

Hoping the BoE will treat the latest inflation figures as a blip and keep rates the same.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Spooky, just asked my IFA this morning to look at remortgaging. Stuck on 6.25% for 5 years, LTV probably around 85% now, so would be keen to move it if possible. Redemption a gruesome 5% though...

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I've been on a tracker for the past year and a half:
1.29% above base so I'm on 1.79% currently

I can come off it at any time without any penalties so when the fixed rates look a bit more attractive I will make my move.

Last edited:

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Spooky, just asked my IFA this morning to look at remortgaging. Stuck on 6.25% for 5 years, LTV probably around 85% now, so would be keen to move it if possible. Redemption a gruesome 5% though...

sounds similar to my situation, unsure what to do really. Redemption fees are a nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here