Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats Your Greatest Sporting Achievement

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
53 not out for St James CC against Rottingdean CC. I came in at 5 for 3 and we reached 78 for 8. I then took 5 catches at short mid off.

:clap2: :clap2:

Come to think of, if Pattinson can play for England, maybe I'll ask for a game.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I hesitate to place an entry in such an illustrious list that demonstrates the sporting prowess of the nation - but it was an intended piece of skill playing 5-a-side. It was a high dropping ball - I moved towards it then with an opposition player moving towards me - in one movement I did a trap pass with the outside of my boot to a team-mate - at perfect pace into his path. Not much to many on here - but I intended it - and it came off perfectly. Marvellous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
53 not out for St James CC against Rottingdean CC. I came in at 5 for 3 and we reached 78 for 8. I then took 5 catches at short mid off.

:clap2: :clap2:

Come to think of, if Pattinson can play for England, maybe I'll ask for a game.

Sorry, I believe you are disqualified, on the grounds of having TWO English parents...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Also ran the marathon although I was disappointed in my time of 3 hr 45. Plus, I won a few races at school sports day

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
My best sporting achievement started at around two in the morning, and happened over a twenty hour period after the Albion were promoted to Division 1 (the proper one). I might have been Brahms for much of the time, but I can vaguely remember how many times I got a hole in one.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Cleaning up from the break when playing pool for Sussex, and scoring a 25 yard half volley to stop a side winning the league with my only touch of the game.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Bowling out Mike Gatting in a match at Owzat in Lancing (1989)
Represtenting the army at rugby union
Hit 100 and 5 for 28 for the school (1988)

Never had the holy grail of a hole in one though:down: closest was about a foot away

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Representing the UK in an ice-hockey game against Germany...we lost and it didn't go to penalties.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
at the age of 40, after starting running from scratch 6 months before and stopping a 20 a day smoking habit i ran a 3-30 marathon in berlin. i then downed 3 pints of lager in one!:thumbsup:

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
playing in a football tournament and scoring a late goal to make it 1 all after extra time then scoring the last p k to win the game and finished top goal scorer in the tournament with 12 best day ever:drink:

Bowling Imran Khan (only once mind) after he had asked me for a quick net befroe he went out to bat at the County ground. Sometime in the lete 1980s.

He then went to plunder 50 odd against Middlesex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here