Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your favourite BOND film ? And WHY ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nothing wrong with a single second of any of that. Marvellous.

Anyway, my favourite always has been MOONRAKER: a truly magnificent, beautiful score - arguably John Barry's best of the lot - brilliant set-pieces, particularly in Rio, Sir Rog in his absolute pomp and Bond somehow trying to keep up with the late 70s wave of sci-fi flicks and just about getting away with it. Oh and of course Holly GOODHEAD. The director's commentary with Lewis Gilbert is lovely too.

Another reason is that I have such fond memories of seeing it in the ABC in East Street, along with just about every other great film of the time. Such a pity what's happened to that building.

Another thing we can agree on! Loved the ABC and always wanted to see films there rather than the Odeon (for a start the outside escalator used to creep me out, then there's the relative aesthetics of the two buildings). I remember "sneaking" in to Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome there when I was 14 (it was a 15 certificate) and feeling WELL proud of myself :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't like Skyfall. Bond managed to get M killed by using the worst plan ever.

Off to see Spectre today.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Anyway, my favourite always has been MOONRAKER: a truly magnificent, beautiful score - arguably John Barry's best of the lot - brilliant set-pieces, particularly in Rio, Sir Rog in his absolute pomp and Bond somehow trying to keep up with the late 70s wave of sci-fi flicks and just about getting away with it. Oh and of course Holly GOODHEAD. The director's commentary with Lewis Gilbert is lovely too.

Another reason is that I have such fond memories of seeing it in the ABC in East Street, along with just about every other great film of the time. Such a pity what's happened to that building.

For me I saw the Spy Who Loved me there, and Superman the movie and Spacehunter Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (3d) . Agree with you about the ABC (and then Cannon) sadly I don't agree about Moonraker. They rushed the release of that to tie in with the sci-fi "boom" after The Spy Who Loved me the next film was "James Bond will return in For Your Eyes Only" then Moonraker came out.

The first three Moore films are good (ish if you incl MWTGG) after that its a rapid decline.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Moonraker is a TERRIBLE film, but I absolutely LOVE it too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Die Another Day.

One very simple reason.

Halle-Berry-in-Die-Anothe-001.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Die Another Day is by far the WORST Bond film IMHO.

Octopussy, surely. I can barely watch it. And much as Rog has always loved sending himself up, the bit where he's actually dressed as a CLOWN is painful to watch.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Octopussy, surely. I can barely watch it. And much as Rog has always loved sending himself up, the bit where he's actually dressed as a CLOWN is painful to watch.

I just expect the Roger Moore films to be bad, and cringeworthingly cheesy. I really looked forward to Die Another Day coming out, it was a MASSIVE disappointment to see how bad it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here