Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's wrong with living under a Tory dictatorship?

Yet the wealth gap grew under his prudent (sic) leadership.

So you are calling for a 50% tax on £100,000 earners anf a 60% tax on £200,000. Because with these thresholds - overnight- this will reduce the wealth gap, for under Labour the low paid and benefits income households have not got worst off, but the 1% of our society has got very much richer.

A sign I would say of a successsful economy.

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
The type of Britain I want to live in is where criminals are dealt with properly, the lazy are not intitled to benifits, immigration is handled by people who know what they are doing and where a life sentence means life.

I am not sure why you think these are Tory ideas?
All of them damage the working class more than the middle classes.
The lazy you speak of are well represented at the very top of society in the Windsor family, a group of spongers that would grace the worst council estate in the country.
Why do you expect the very poorest in our country to play fair and pay their taxes when the very richest can dodge it, lead by example sir, lead by example!
It's the Liberal middle class, that are now part of the Tory government, that want murderers given community sentences. One of the few things the WC and the Toffs agree on is, life should mean life.
The immigration problem has the biggest impact on the lower classes. it's the low paid that compete for these jobs, not the legal profession and share traders, that find people taking the jobs for half the wages, so I dont think you will find much opposition from them.
It's the middle classes that want the east european plumbers etc. so they can get their houses done up on the cheap.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Enjoy the next fifty days - cos it'll all go collapso after that

you are joking the back biting has already started
Oh and by the way the official Labour party has gained 12,000 new members since the election wonder where they came from.

the cynic in me is saying "wonder if the election was the best thing to happen to the Labour party for years"

I am not sure why you think these are Tory ideas?
All of them damage the working class more than the middle classes.
The lazy you speak of are well represented at the very top of society in the Windsor family, a group of spongers that would grace the worst council estate in the country.
Why do you expect the very poorest in our country to play fair and pay their taxes when the very richest can dodge it, lead by example sir, lead by example!
It's the Liberal middle class, that are now part of the Tory government, that want murderers given community sentences. One of the few things the WC and the Toffs agree on is, life should mean life.
The immigration problem has the biggest impact on the lower classes. it's the low paid that compete for these jobs, not the legal profession and share traders, that find people taking the jobs for half the wages, so I dont think you will find much opposition from them.
It's the middle classes that want the east european plumbers etc. so they can get their houses done up on the cheap.

Here we go again, the rantings of a poor down trodden Trotskyite. Let's have a look at some of the points raised.

1. The Windsor family raise alot of much needed money for this country, they are highly respected worldwide except by the jealous.
2. Why do I expect the poorest in the country to play fair and pay their taxes? If you want to see poverty pop over to India or Africa to name but a few then you'll see what poverty is. You won't find the poor of those countries propping up some bar or smoking 60/80 tabs a day. The poor of this country don't pay income tax anyway. Apart from National insurance and road tax what taxes are they expected to pay anyway?
3. Regarding immigrant workers under cutting on charges, such as plumbers, electricians, plasterers, fruit pickers etc, good luck to them. If they can do the same job as well or better than the so called Brits then I know who I'd get to do the job.
I was interested to read in one of your earlier renditions that The Working Classes were brought up to hate the Upper Classes, including PSBs, when I would have hoped that they were brought up to bow down to them and show them the respect they deserve.
Just remember that THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GET THE PICTURE

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A point to be noted. Class does not depend on the amount of money one has or is earning. A person can have millions in the bank, post office, building society, under the bed etc, but can still be working class. A person can have nothing but still be middle or upper class. Class depends on one's ancestry and that alone.

Class goes beyond earnings, savings AND ancestry. Speech patterns, hobbies, attitudes, social circles, dress, mannerisms and the newspaper you read give as much insight into your social class as your occupation.

In fact, I would say that use of language and vocab is one of the first things people (subconsciously) judge a person on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here