Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's wrong with living under a Tory dictatorship?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
NO, some of us still belong to the right honerable order of the peasantry, you sir belong to the disorder of the heathenry.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Labour have had it spark off

The (global) economy is fu*ked, so blue-eyed boy Cameron comes in, makes himself and the Conservative Party even more disliked by making £6 billion worth of public service cuts, increases taxes and re-legalises fox-hunting, and will then wonder why the populace can't wait to get rid at the earliest opportunity :wave:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
same as the new wave of 'property developers' were absolutely conviced they had special talents . Truth is, they were just chancers who randomly happened to be in the right place at the right time. A chimp could have been a Master Of The Universe in that shitty era. Fact.

Suggest you try property development before making such sweeping generalisations. It's bloody hard work !

larus

Suggest you try property development before making such sweeping generalisations. It's bloody hard work !

Hey, don't worry. Tha's all they do. After all, all Tory voters want child labour, slaves, and the scum to bow before them. Do keep up. The Tories want to dismantle the NHS, remove education from the peasants, etc, etc.

As Buzzer points as, the majority of the country would class themselves as 'middle' class, whatever that really is, so this crap about 'working' class is long gone. Too many people are 30 years or more out of date.
What is working class; I have to work therefore by defintion I'm working class surely, but I don't feel anything in common with the traditional view of 'working' class', by this I mean those whose ambition in life relates to how much they can earn this week and what they're going to spend/gamble it on at the weekend. This is, I believe, the difference between Labour and Tory; aspiration to better yourself and increase your opportunities in life.

Hey, don't worry. Tha's all they do. After all, all Tory voters want child labour, slaves, and the scum to bow before them. Do keep up. The Tories want to dismantle the NHS, remove education from the peasants, etc, etc.

As Buzzer points as, the majority of the country would class themselves as 'middle' class, whatever that really is, so this crap about 'working' class is long gone. Too many people are 30 years or more out of date.
What is working class; I have to work therefore by defintion I'm working class surely, but I don't feel anything in common with the traditional view of 'working' class', by this I mean those whose ambition in life relates to how much they can earn this week and what they're going to spend/gamble it on at the weekend. This is, I believe, the difference between Labour and Tory; aspiration to better yourself and increase your opportunities in life.

A point to be noted. Class does not depend on the amount of money one has or is earning. A person can have millions in the bank, post office, building society, under the bed etc, but can still be working class. A person can have nothing but still be middle or upper class. Class depends on one's ancestry and that alone.

Last edited:

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
*woosh*. Yep - and it was a photo of his character who he created as a caricature of right-on twats like you, comrade.

I'm not the one who claimed a few weeks ago that inheritance tax cuts mainly protects the money of people who profited from slavery. Got news for you simonsimon. The class war is over. We're all middle class now.

OH come on Buzzer! thats not on. I like being working class.
Loathing Tories and public school boys is a vital part of working class culture so it cant be changed.
Anyway PSB says class in inherited and my parents were well and truly working class.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just give them a chance and then slag them IF they f*ck it up. Its sad that the Labour supporters would rather the country fall apart under this government than wish it well and hope the country gets out of the shit.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Its sad that the Labour supporters would rather the country fall apart under this government than wish it well and hope the country gets out of the shit.

And you Tory supporters loved prattling on about 'broken Britain' and the state of the economy during the last 2 years. The worse things got, the more you rejoiced in slagging of Gordon Brown and co.

I know Tories are often hypocrites, but don't try to pretend you are holier-than-thou. Everything you accuse Labour supporters of (and I am NOT one, they are both 'establishment' parties), you are as guilty of yourselves.

As John Stuart Mill said: "I don't say that all Conservatives are stupid, but most people who are stupid are Conservative'.

:wave::wave::wave:

Spun Cuppa

A point to be noted. Class does not depend on the amount of money one has or is earning. A person can have millions in the bank, post office, building society, under the bed etc, but can still be working class. A person can have nothing but still be middle or upper class. Class depends on one's ancestry and that alone.

There are different classifications of class, with ancestry and occupation being two examples

I think you are mixing up being born a blue-blood and social mobility theory

While a working class person is unlikely to end up an Earl or a Duke, a streetsweeper, through study etc., can end up as a Doctor of Medicine for example, and elevate himself to the professional class, using the occupational classification

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's just strange how property developers and private landlords appear to be compared to the devil by some people on here. Some of us work bloody hard to make a living out of those industries. I guess it's envy and the misunderstanding that we're not all multi-millionaires !

There are different classifications of class, with ancestry and occupation being two examples

I think you are mixing up being born a blue-blood and social mobility theory

While a working class person is unlikely to end up an Earl or a Duke, a streetsweeper, through study etc., can end up as a Doctor of Medicine for example, and elevate himself to the professional class, using the occupational classification

Great arguement but professional class or occupational class is no substitute for social class.

Spun Cuppa

Great arguement but professional class or occupational class is no substitute for social class.

To expand the debate a bit further, I saw a great post the other day about the political parties and vested interests

While everybody in the country is divided along party loyalty lines, and squabbling, the blue-blood vested interests are having a quiet smirk to themselves

When Wilson was losing control of the country in the early seventies, the Army was ready to step in and take control of the nation

Be under no illusion, this country is under control of the blue-bloods, and this so-called democracy is only there to serve their interests

Divide and rule I think the term is

To expand the debate a bit further, I saw a great post the other day about the political parties and vested interests

While everybody in the country is divided along party loyalty lines, and squabbling, the blue-blood vested interests are having a quiet smirk to themselves

When Wilson was losing control of the country in the early seventies, the Army was ready to step in and take control of the nation

Be under no illusion, this country is under control of the blue-bloods, and this so-called democracy is only there to serve their interests

Divide and rule I think the term is

I would be more than happy if the Army/Armed forces took control. This is something that I suggested to the former chief of the defence staff

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Well, the right-on lefty brigade did brilliantly in the 1960s abolishing the grammar schools (Shirley Williams, who I have a considerable regard for as a person, though her education policy was a disaster, and Richard Crosland, were the main protagonists in this). This has guaranteed that clever working class young people have far less chance of reaching the top. An acquaintance of mine who was a bursar in a public school told me that the abolition of the grammar schools saved the public school movement. It would have been far more effective to remove charitable status from public schools and leave the grammar schools alone. As one poster on here (I can't remember who) said, his children go to a grammar school in Tunbridge Wells and get a superb education.

The type of Britain I want to live in is where criminals are dealt with properly, the lazy are not intitled to benifits, immigration is handled by people who know what they are doing and where a life sentence means life.

Last edited:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
"If I can come back, we can come back"

Peter Benjamin Mandelson, Baron Mandelson.

:bowdown:

''Tony said that our mission would not be complete until the Labour party learnt to love Peter Mandelson again...I think he may have been setting the bar a little bit too high there, though I am trying my best.''

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here