Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
They're alright...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Some of 'em are bloody 'orrible - & others are smashing.

Well fancy that?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nothing wrong with North Wales.

South Wales is one of only two places in the world I've been accused of being English (with less than satisfactory consequences if I was...).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All together now -

"We're the pride of all Sussex ,
The top of the South ,
We hate the Scottish and we hate the WELSH ,
We are the Brighton , the Brighton FC ,
WE ARE THE NORTH STAND ARMY ,
la la la la ......."

:thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These are whats wrong with the welsh

Attachments

• DCP_2317.jpg
    DCP_2317.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 76
  • WelshSheep.jpg
    WelshSheep.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 78

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have lived in Wales for 25 years, and have never experianced the Welsh swapping from speaking English to Welsh, in the main it is a myth, and most people will carry that myth on forever.

The true fact is, the vast majority of people living in Wales (certainly South Wales which i think this thread is about in the main) can't utter a word of Welsh if they wanted to :lol:

As MacKenzie states above, the people in the main are fine people, there are good and bad in every town / country etc, in fact I can honestly say I have had the unfortunate experiance of coming across some right ignorant twats at away games, and unfortunatly they were in the away section, as i said, good and bad in everyone.

In my many years of living in Wales, all the adverse comments I have come across, have normally come from people who have little of no experiance of visiting Wales for decent periods of time.

About swapping the languages most of those in our village will actually swap to English if you join their conversation.
We are very unfortunate in that we have crap neighbours but then we could be living anywhere and have crap neighbours on the whole most I'v met have been very friendly.

and the NHS might be a bit behind but it has a definite advantage in the caring stakes over England its more of a cottage type NHS

Some of 'em are bloody 'orrible - & others are smashing.

Well fancy that?
and as you get older you come to realise this about all nationalities

These are whats wrong with the welsh

can I have a date with number 2

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
some interesting comments on this thread. good job the Welsh aren't brown isnt it.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
i like the welsh, but it shouldn't get in the way of some friendly abuse. A Welsh lad I was in the Navy with contacted after 20 years with the words 'Oi you English bastard' a very enjoyable 20 minutes ensued.

As for the changing over when they hear you speak English. Happened to me once in The Douglas Arms, Bethesda. The Fleet Air Arm had an outward bound center (read sh*thole) there and we used to pop in for a pint after trapsing over the hills. It only happened once as the Welsh lad with us took offense a promptly gave them both barrels in Welsh, much to the locals surprise. He was from Neath, his view was that the English weren't the problem it was the bastards from up north, he referred to them as Scouses but without the brains:lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Happened to me once in The Douglas Arms, Bethesda. He was from Neath, his view was that the English weren't the problem it was the bastards from up north, he referred to them as Scouses but without the brains:lolol:

The Douglas Arms!! Isn't that the pub where the landlord only deals in pounds shillings and pence?... and gives your change converting it aloud!! Weird place!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The Douglas Arms!! Isn't that the pub where the landlord only deals in pounds shillings and pence?... and gives your change converting it aloud!! Weird place!

Oh Yes, mind you this was back in 1981 when I was a mere baby sailor.
The other highlight was when we first walked into town we went past a wooden bus stop on which was much graffiti, some of which was Welsh. The lad from Neath and one from Merthyr started laughing, it transpired that the local freedom fighters had written 'english go home' on the bus stop ... in Welsh :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here