Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's wrong with being Welsh anyway?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If you lived next door to my neighbour you would know.
I have lived all over the UK and they have to be the worst neighbours I have ever had the misfortune to know.
In fact if the countryside here and the more peaceful way of life I would have been back in Brighton living on the streets if necessary ......lol

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
These poor little sheep shaggers seem to come in for a lot of stick on NSC.
Why are they so unpopular?
It would help if they were a more friendlier bunch;when ever travelling through North or Mid Wales every road sign is in Welsh until you hit a town then all the pay and display signs are in English.
I have also walked in to a pub with them all speaking English then when hearing my accent they change theirs,beautiful country but some horrible people.

To answer the original question in a calm, measured tone.
The only thing wrong with being Welsh is the feckin' neighbours...
england.gif

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
"It's SHITE being Welsh! We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the f***ing earth, the most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy! And all the fresh air in the world won't make any f***ing difference!"

:thumbsup:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
they talk like c*nts and act the same.

and as someone above said, make the english unwelcome. velcro glove wearing c*nts, sheep shaggers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They make Dr Who and Tom Jones came from there so they are OK by me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
any nation that invents a language including such gems as "dockii" for docks and "tacsi" for taxi, deserves ridicule.

other than that as long as you don't mind people pretending not to understand what you are saying when you speak their own primary language (English) they are a fine race.

Croeso

:lolol:

any nation that invents a language including such gems as "dockii" for docks and "tacsi" for taxi, deserves ridicule.

Docks in Welsh is "Dociau", there, you've learnt something today.

Taxi etymology
The word taxi comes from Thurn und Taxis, a noble german family which had the monopoly of German Empire's mail system from 1490 to 1867. Their italian ancestor was named "Torriani" like Torre and had a badger (Italian = tasso) as coat of arms. The tower (Italian = torre) became Thurn and the badger (Italian = tasso) became the name Taxis.

Welsh is older than English boyo, plenty of languages borrow words for others, here are some ENGLISH words you might know...
1. History (Greek)
2. Ballet (French)
3. Mosquito (Spanish)
4. Broccoli (Italian)
5. Piano (Italian)
6. Yacht (Dutch)
7. Anorak (Greenland)
8. Candy (Arabic)
9. Stripe (Dutch)
10. Sketch (Dutch)
11. Booze (Dutch)
12. Noodle (German)
13. Icon (Russian)
14. Pajamas (Hindi)
15. Embarrass (Portuguese)
16. Shampoo (Hindi)
17. Chocolate (South American Indian)
18. Ketchup (Malay)
19. Typhoon (Chinese)
20. Anonymous (Greek)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's that bloody accent.

Every time that screeching singy songy WELSH bloke comes on the BBC rugby commentary, I have to dive for the mute button. Literally can't stand it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's quite funny in our family. My father-in-law is Welsh, from Cardiff. Mind you you'd never believe it as he supports England at rugby and speaks with a home counties accent. My wife on the other hand tries to play up her Welsh roots and supports Wales (when they're winning). She often has a go at her dad for not being more Welsh and he says he left when he was 18 "so I never really lived there." When she points out for that both his mother and father were Welsh as were their parents he says "Only for a few generations, we're from the west of England originally."

Basically and understandably he's embarrassed about being Welsh.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Docks in Welsh is "Dociau", there, you've learnt something today.

Taxi etymology
The word taxi comes from Thurn und Taxis, a noble german family which had the monopoly of German Empire's mail system from 1490 to 1867. Their italian ancestor was named "Torriani" like Torre and had a badger (Italian = tasso) as coat of arms. The tower (Italian = torre) became Thurn and the badger (Italian = tasso) became the name Taxis.

Welsh is older than English boyo, plenty of languages borrow words for others, here are some ENGLISH words you might know...
1. History (Greek)
2. Ballet (French)
3. Mosquito (Spanish)
4. Broccoli (Italian)
5. Piano (Italian)
6. Yacht (Dutch)
7. Anorak (Greenland)
8. Candy (Arabic)
9. Stripe (Dutch)
10. Sketch (Dutch)
11. Booze (Dutch)
12. Noodle (German)