Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the worst injury you've ever had?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Broken rib, nose, wrist and broke a few toes but the most annoying is I damaged my groin muscles and tendons playing football, I've only just back into proper running after 6 months.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hi Guys

Mi worst was a cartilege due to a dirty b------ committing a two footed tackle. That was in 1961 BTW.

Although things were different then (no arthroscopy etc) Everyone should realise that anything which afflicts them may well come back to haunt then in later life.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Turned my ankle playing for Stanford Arms in the good old Sussex Sunday League when I turned my ankle. Played on but when I took my boot off my ankle swelled up to the size of a football. Was out for 3 weeks. First training session back, took a tumble and tore my post and anterior cruciate ligaments. Did think it was that bad at the time apart from the fact that I couldn't stand on my leg when it was straight. Hobbled back to the car and drove home. Only went to hospital the next day and they thought it was only strained. Had to get on the waiting list to see a damned consultant and didn't have it repaired for 18 months.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Cruciate Ligaments! Playing Vets game after 5 years out against a half decent Eastbourne United side, tried to do a Vicente turn and got all his injuries at once! Top of leg went one way bottom the other, pop! Agony, went down like I was shot by a sniper, still on the sofa 9 weeks later, just had MRI, talk of operation, the worst pain I have ever felt, will never be the same again and when I try and walk with out brace it looks like I have had 15 pints!

Sorry i know it hurt, but that made me laugh,

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I managed to break my neck 18 months ago and spent 9 months wearing a hard collar. Still thank my lucky stars I wasn't paralysed.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Managed to dislocate my shoulder (tearing every muscle in my shoulder), break my collarbone and my ribs all in the same accident about 5 years ago. Took 6 weeks to even straighten my arm again. Shoulder still hurts from that one!

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I work in surgery assessment. No matter how bad a day I'm having I know that all the people I'm doing work for are worse off than I am. I'm seen the craziest shit, to the most bizarre (yeah right, I'm sure thats how it got stuck up there), to the horrifying / heartbreaking accidents.

My personal worst was probably a cricket injury, playing a paddle/scoop shot behind square, down on one knee feeling like a pro, went to take off for a run and my right big toe decided it didn't want any ligaments anymore. Its fairly tame but as a poster above said, these injuries often do more damage long term (hallux rigidus here I come).

I had a more freakish accident going to jump from some grass up onto a concrete ramp when I was still at school (taking a shortcut rather than following the path). Where the concrete met the grass it has a gutter with a bit of a lip slightly above the grass and I slipped on takeoff, foot went sliding into the concrete and ripped my little toe off. Had it successfully stitched back on and hasn't given me any grief since, but I remember hopping on one leg to the sick bay going "I've chopped my toe off", and my mates not believing me and taking the piss.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My left lung has collapsed a few times (primary spontaneous pneumothorax) had an op on it in 2007.

Yup, that's the one. In my case though, they cocked up trying to fix it and cause a very painful haemothorax instead. I was off work for two months all in all. :(

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Had a spiral fracture of the right leg when I was 14, was a bit of a mess. When I got to the hospital one nurse picked up my ankle and the other held my knee up and it drooped in the middle - ow!! Was a bit of a tit and accidently put weight on my cast after I came out of hospital and broke it inside the cast again. Wont be doing that again in a hurry :)

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Take your pick....

Fractured eye socket - I ran into a brick wall whilst playing indoor 5-a-side football!

Broken jaw - I got beaten up when much younger - it was completely unprovoked!

3 broken ribs - I went arse over tit following a tough challenge on a very hard pitch at Preston Park!

Broken ankle - I slipped over on site visit, wearing a pair of boots that were 2 sizes too big!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Broken both wrists at the same time fallen off a rope swing, Fractured my collarbone falling over at school, Ruptured 2 muscles in my quad playing footy. Various sprains and ligament damage to ankles and knees. I used to be on first name terms at the hospital lol.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
apart from a dislocated elbow which was a tad painful..worst one is when i put my hand into the cutting bit of a lawn mower.....fortunately only 2 damaged fingers...one is shorter now and is a funny shape at the tip....everything i touch with those 2 fingers is hyper sensitive

O add one damaged disc at base of my spine and a tear in a knee cartilage both of which i am managing with exercises..hmm lost part of an ear too does that count?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Did my hamstring last season. Finally knew it was time to pack it in.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336813757.478254.jpg

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
When I was 15 I broke my neck in 1 place and fractured it in 2 others as a result of a motorbike accident. Spend 8 weeks bed bound, 8 weeks from waist to top of head in a plaster cast then 12 weeks in a surgical collar, took my 'O' levels in that cast as well. More recently (still a few years ago mind you) broke my wrist playing football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here