Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the seriously bestest and smartest place to lunch midweek in B&H?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Pascal's in Hove. Best place to eat in town.

That's the best call in Hove for a business lunch in Hove. Staff are discrete and can have a discussion. Havana Spoon is far too blingy and too full of local 'faces' that if you are doing proper business, you just look out of place a bit and feel other diners listening in a bit too closely. In Brighton, as much as I don't like chains, Hotel Du Vin is the number 1 for business in my experience. Unless into media/advertising industry, avoid places like the Seattle and Myhotel as nothing professional about either the locations or the staff...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Meadow in Hove is what you're looking for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good grief. One look at the menu and that place seems to be under the impression that it sits just off Park Lane in the back streets of Mayfair.

Without any of the quality or class.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I believe that the weekday lunchtime deal at the East Stand Brasserie is food prepared and served by catering students from City College. By all accounts ... excellent food and very good value.

Fair enough, I thought that was only one day a week, rather than consistently.

I that case, match day = well over priced for the food served.

I've friends who ate where the students cooked before the Amex and reviews were always glowing even if the venue was not very shiny.

Very glad they're at the Amex then.

can anyone supply a url to the page with more details and a menu pls

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Pascal's in Hove. Best place to eat in town.

Pascals may have changed recently. The chefs have very recently left there to work with the head chef from Havanna Spoon at Lion & Lobster.
I'll wait to hear reports from the new team before venturing in.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Not exactly a flood of great restaurant recommendations in B+H are there ? Our city could do better. Agree that Havana Spoon is pretentious and over-priced - while Pascal's is reasonable and more stylish. Havana in Brighton always feels like a good option though.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Moshi moshi. Sign up as a member and it's 50% off on Tuesdays (which is useless if by midweek you mean Wednesday)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here