Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's The Furtheset North In Britain You Have Been?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Montrose.

Nice beach on the east coast of Scotland. Impressive yachts in what is called 'The Basin' but extremely windy and cold (in summer too).

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I once went to Scotland in our caravan for a week. I never saw further than 50m in front of my nose because of fog. We could have been anywhere so I haven't a clue what the place looks like. When we told the site owner where we had come from he laughed and asked why we had bothered coming all that way.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some of us live the north, not just visiting.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If you look at the worst parts of any town/city you will come up with this predictable 'uneducated' * comment.

Glasgow is a fine city with the best Victorian Architecture in the UK. From an 'Arts' point of view, it is way ahead of most places in the UK, having Scotland's National Orchestra, Opera and ballet and some of the very finest museums you could encounter anywhere.

*PS. my comment is not meant in an offensive way but just to point out there is more to anywhere/anything than just what appears on the surface.' Perhaps I should have said 'unenlightened'

It may have these things but in my trips around the place it just seemed abit grim and grumpy. That said I only ever was around the city centre.

My comment was stupid, I really should have said ''Glasgow and it was a shit hole - in my limited experiance'

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Fort George - was based there when serving. Awful place and was one of 4 English serving with a Jock Regiment.

My dad was in the Seaforths and loved it, he was too young to go out to Suez so worked in the museam, made me visit Lucknow when I was in India. He loved the views, dolphins and being so far away from Sussex as he had never left the county prior to joining up and it took all day and night to get there by train. To anyone who has not been stuck there (like me) its a fantastic place to visit, think its a napolonic fort, surronded by mountains on the esturay.

Furthest North Ive been is Lerwick by boat, on the way to the Faroes by boat, is this the furthest north piece of blighty!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Only as far north as Fort William and Ben Nevis. Went slightly further north on my way over to the East coast but can't remember the place names. It was 1981.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here