Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's The Furtheset North In Britain You Have Been?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Ellon - north of Aberdeen. Beautiful place, bad beer.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
to be honest,don't think he'll be back on the skins anytime soon,just turned 74 a couple of weeks ago,really hope i'm wrong

loved the b side to into the valley,albert tatlock,meg mortimer,takes you back eh!

Well they always said they would quit if Jet couldn't play - so lets hope he gets back !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Until a couple of years ago I hadn't gone further north than Yorkshire. Since then I went to Carlisle away and earlier this year I made my first trip to Scotland, Killin is the furthest north we went.

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
RAF Lossiemouth early 80's for the RAF Police Dog Trials, they were all found guilty lol

Now I see where your username came from.

Furthest north I have been was John O'Groats
I was station at RAF Lossiemouth in Moray and RAF Leuchars in Fife so spent the best part of 13 years up there.

The trips down to the Withdean were a bit of a trek then as i was a STH at the time

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
I've also been there - in fact, went to a football match there, Albion Rovers v Cowdenbeath. One of the most depressing places I have ever been to! Rows of ugly grey buildings and decaying tower blocks. Albion Rovers' ground, Cliftonhill, is one of the bleakest places you could ever wish to watch a football match.

Watched Cowdenbeath V Alloa at central park a few years back..............that was not much better either!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
They're about as north as each other....

Skye on the east

and the Granite City on the west... and it really was...... houses looking like Granite battenburg cakes

(that's Aberdeen BTW)

Mister Mix

Sep 3, 2012
Been to inverness/went to loch ness as well. Mum and dad got married in gretna green. Drove up through scotland loch lommond and all them areas are picturess. Been edinburgh as well. Nice place scotland except Glasgow is a dump

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I believe it was Ullapool in the Northern Highlands though we probably went technically higher than that at some point on a little trip.

Me and 3 mates used to do a yearly summer camping trip and we decided to go to Scotland. We drioe up and stayed just outside Falkirk. Then visited Edinburgh for two days (druing the festival, it was brilliant) and then Glasgow for the day (horrible).

We then drove up to the highlands and through all the amazing roads before camping by a lock just outside of ullapool. It was beyond idyllic.

Wen't into Ullapool a few times and sampled what, apparently, was voted best fish and chips in britain. But we spent most of our time on walks through the highlands to waterfalls and rivers and also did Kayaking onto the lock with sea-lions bobbing up around us. Amazing.

The one downside was that I get bitten. A lot.

On the drive home (when it wasnt my turn to drive), We started counting my bites. We got to 200 from my ankles up to my belly button and then decided to leave it there. I got a midgy (spelling?) in my sleeping bag on the final night.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Currently up in Scotland at Loch Ness I've also been on the Shetland Isles before so have to be up there with those Seqgulls who have been to the northern extremities of the British Isles...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here