Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the closest you have come to winning a bet?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I had a six team accumulator tonight. £5 to win £805 quid. Huddersfield were 2-0 up and drew 2-2. I feel sick...

A few years ago I had got 10 out of 11 results right and needed Chelsea to beat Spurs in the Carling Cup final to win 20K. I had no idea at that time about laying bets or anything, Spurs won :(

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I had a six team accumulator tonight. £5 to win £805 quid. Huddersfield were 2-0 up and drew 2-2. I feel sick...

A few years ago I had got 10 out of 11 results right and needed Chelsea to beat Spurs in the Carling Cup final to win 20K. I had no idea at that time about laying bets or anything, Spurs won :(

That was really unlucky. I lost a fiver tonight on Huddersfield, hows that for really bad luck

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
£10 for the Albion to win the League Two championship the day we bought Zamora.

Only the bookies had done a runner by the time I went to collect.

Snap. £100 on the day Bobby signed. £1000 return the moment Cullip's header found the Chesterfield net. Sweet as.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
A few months back, I had Basle to beat Man Ure and it would have got me a tidy £360. Sadly, Scholes scored in the 90th minute to make it 3-3 final score :(

Jul 20, 2003
£10 for the Albion to win the League Two championship the day we bought Zamora.

Only the bookies had done a runner by the time I went to collect.

£50 @ 16/1 that day, the day I started posting on NSC! (when it was all staggered text and nice people). Bookies in Cornfield Road , Eastbourne had a win only special .... watch this space, I'm due another decent tip!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Last season I was minutes away from £19k from £1 stake.

It was a couple of weeks after we had beaten Charlton 4-0. Some mates from home had come up that were Charlton fans so we were having a bit of banter. I had an accumulator with Charlton to draw.

They were playing Yeovil and went 3-0 up so I gave the bet up as lost. Yeovil got it back to 3-3 and all other results were going my way and was already dreaming of what I would be buying... Then Charlton scored in the last minute.

This prompted massive celebration from the Charlton lads and me being told it was pay back... Not a good day

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

1988, 10 away wins for a huge amount of money. 9 correct, but lost because Port Vale beat Spurs in the cup!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Brighton 2-0 Ipswich CMS 1st goal scorer scorecast @ 35/1.

Thanks a lot Ashley f***ing Barnes, I withdraw my previous support for you.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Dog getting beat in a short head in the last leg of the jackpot at Hove for £27,000 and then the same dog winning the next three races he ran in

I got a £10 tricast up at Wolverhampton, 16/1 100/30 33/1, would have paid £18500 at a bookies.........I (stupidly) did it on the tote and won £80 :down:

Results from the 1.00 race at WOLVERHAMPTON (AW) - 11 December 2006 | Racing Post

interesting situation there with weak tote markets, seeing that you were the only winning ticket holder your return would have been the same (minus £9) if you had done the bet for £1, therefore win OR LOSE you've been ripped off, do you reckon there's a case like those missold PPI's that we can get back stake money placed on the Tote when we effectively were shooting ourselves in the foot by having a larger stake when a smaller one would have given the same return? (I wonder if there's a record of that bet I placed at Hackney in 1988?)

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Had first 5 legs up on the scoop 6 ,last leg and I was the only ticket left horse came 5th lost out on 150k plus 100k bonus following week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here