Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the closest you have come to winning a bet?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I put a £2 bet in my basket at Betfair a couple of years ago - it was for Rubin Kazan to beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp with odds at 100/1. Ended up taking it out though as I thought I would literally be throwing my money away.

:(

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
10 team accumulator with just Jill to beat Crawley in the cup. £450 in my pocket but nnoooo they lost the silly silly nasty people. Gutted ;( bo who

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
interesting situation there with weak tote markets, seeing that you were the only winning ticket holder your return would have been the same (minus £9) if you had done the bet for £1, therefore win OR LOSE you've been ripped off, do you reckon there's a case like those missold PPI's that we can get back stake money placed on the Tote when we effectively were shooting ourselves in the foot by having a larger stake when a smaller one would have given the same return? (I wonder if there's a record of that bet I placed at Hackney in 1988?)
The biggest joke is that it was a combination tricast, the bet cost me £60 to win £80......I've never bet on the tote since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here