Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best thing you have FOUND?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I went up to to use a cash-point recently at London Bridge station and found £40 in the money chute. I'm not quite sure how you can go right through the prodedure of putting in the card, PIN etc. then leave the money in the machine at the end. Oh, well - I kept it, otherwise I would have missed my train. Bad Man.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Phones are worth f*** all these days.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I went up to to use a cash-point recently at London Bridge station and found £40 in the money chute. I'm not quite sure how you can go right through the prodedure of putting in the card, PIN etc. then leave the money in the machine at the end. Oh, well - I kept it, otherwise I would have missed my train. Bad Man.

I did that once, outside an HSBC. £20 and got about 50 yards down the street and realised what I'd done.

In the distance I saw a couple of traffic wardens (the old fashioned type, before they were privatised), splitting the money between them.

Caught up with them and asked for my money back.

Their faces were an absolute picture, especially as they tried to explain they were trying to find a bank to hand it in to.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Was walking past a cash point in Putney a few years ago and heard it bleeping, I turned round and looked at it and there was £60 sitting in the money chute, with no-one around what so ever. Waited for a little while and no-one seemed to want it, so I thought I better had.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I did that once, outside an HSBC. £20 and got about 50 yards down the street and realised what I'd done.

In the distance I saw a couple of traffic wardens (the old fashioned type, before they were privatised), splitting the money between them.

Caught up with them and asked for my money back.

Their faces were an absolute picture, especially as they tried to explain they were trying to find a bank to hand it in to.

:clap: Pukka Pies indeed

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Money and telephones always seem to be the favourite. Someone somewhere must have found something a little more valuable or rare?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Most money i've found £30.

Best THING i've found: a cremated Bronze age Baby, or a Roman medical instrument used for 'operation's on the male genitals - that was a good one.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Many years ago (not sure how many) a mate and I were helping our local School Caretaker with a new island in the pond for their ducks. As I remember it was during the summer and the water level was considerably low at the time. As we waded into the middle of the pond we found an old metal toolbox, with a piece of cord which ran to the edge of the pond and tied off to a tree. We brought the toolbox to the bank of the pond and opened it up to find loads of Silver artefacts (it must off been a robbery, but the thief never came back!). We called the police who like in some off the other cases held on to it to try and reunite it with the owners. I can't remember if we got all the silver but we did get a lot back, I think my mate’s Mum still has it all somewhere. No idea of the value but it must have been somewhere between £500 and £1000. (I must ask my mate for my share one day!).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I found a roll of tenners, about £80 a few years ago, just lying on the pavement. I feared an OAP had dropped it so guilt ridden I handed it into the police. Three months later no one had claimed it so I got the money.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
When out picking potatoes in a field years ago, I came across a couple of bronze Roman coins. They were very old as they had 47 B.C. on them :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Most money i've found £30.

Best THING i've found: a cremated Bronze age Baby, or a Roman medical instrument used for 'operation's on the male genitals - that was a good one.

These babies?
UVaHS_Roman2_small.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nope they are genuine boney fiddly roman surgical instruments. The page did not list what they were used for but i can have a wild stab in the dark and say they were not used for toenails

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I dropped two mobiles down the toilet. Has anyone else managed this ?

Always knew you talked shit but this kind of proves it.

£20 note walking across Victoria Bus Station

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here