Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best thing to come out of AUSTRALIA

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Harold Larwood moved to Australia and lived the rest of his life here.
For Tyrone, Harold Larwood was the English fast bowler who terrorised the Australians during what is now called the 'Bodyline' series.
He was the first to bowl at the batsman and not the stumps and caused big uproar and had death threats, he injured a lot of batsmen and they were s**t scared to face him.
The term ' it's just not cricket ' started to be used.
If you go to your local DVD rental shop you should find it in the TV section, they made a series about it called 'Bodyline', starring Hugo Weaving as the English captain Douglas Jardine.:thumbsup:

"Right...which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard" :lolol:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Their tv show during the Sydney Olympics was brilliant.

Lived in Milson's Point in the run up to the Olympics,so you must remember Norman Gunstone.Puts most comics to shame,and the attempted interview with Richard Nixon was stupendous.

Loved working with the painty-docks on Garden Island.

Great,great days............though I understand Milson's Point has been gentrified now.

Should anyone want to invite me back and provide accommodation and free fares,I could be available.

Feb 14, 2010
"Right...which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard" :lolol:

a geat quote. Dont buy into the ozz whinging wineing myth. Young Harold, and Young Bill (Voce) bowled fast, and they didnt like it . They didnt even bowl leg theory until the third test. Australians, moan and whinge and they talk shite. Even at th third tes the eklla that got hit at adelaide was not hit by lg theory, as they were not bowling leg theory when he got hit. Young Harold and young Bill were too ood and too f***ing quick for them. They think they are the "greatest sporting nation on earth" yeah in their own head because nobody gives a shit about some poxy egg chasing game that nobody else gives a shit about (ozzie rules :laugh:) Bunch of f***ing nobody's are the ozzies

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Lived in Milson's Point in the run up to the Olympics,so you must remember Norman Gunstone.Puts most comics to shame,and the attempted interview with Richard Nixon was stupendous.

Loved working with the painty-docks on Garden Island.

Great,great days............though I understand Milson's Point has been gentrified now.

Should anyone want to invite me back and provide accommodation and free fares,I could be available.

Yeah Norman was one of the best in providing that style of piss take comedy where the victims of his interviews didnt know how to take him.

I think you can get his work on dvd.

I always liked the ones he did with Sally Struthers, Cheech and Chong, Muhammed Ali and Micj Jagger.

And:

To Linda McCartney (when interviewing Paul) - "You don't look Japanese".

Keith Moon ending the interview early by tipping alcohol over Norms head and saying something like "Piss off you Aussie faggot" :lolol:

Getting up on stage at a Frank Zappa concert and playing harmoica

Ali G and his interviews seems to borrow heavily from Gunston's style of interviewing techniques.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah Norman was one of the best in providing that style of piss take comedy where the victims of his interviews didnt know how to take him.

I think you can get his work on dvd.

I always liked the ones he did with Sally Struthers, Cheech and Chong, Muhammed Ali and Micj Jagger.

And:

To Linda McCartney (when interviewing Paul) - "You don't look Japanese".

Keith Moon ending the interview early by tipping alcohol over Norms head and saying something like "Piss off you Aussie faggot" :lolol:

Getting up on stage at a Frank Zappa concert and playing harmoica

Ali G and his interviews seems to borrow heavily from Gunston's style of interviewing techniques.

I absolutely love Norman Gunston. He started the whole genre of piss-take interviewers and did it better than anyone.

My favourite was when he did a version of Othello with Edward Woodward and Michelle Dotrice, who to their credit, played along with the joke.

Highly recommended if you can get hold of his stuff.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Melbourne Bitter well nice drink
melbournebitter.jpg

Tooheys Extra Dry
tooheys%20extra%20dry.jpg

Found this quite a funny program when I was in Australia It's called Fat Pizza
fatpizza_060116115618360_wideweb__300x382.jpg

Has been mentioned but check out Underbelly the first series It's better than the
Sopranos and it's all a true story about Carl Williams and his crew in Melbourne crazy stuff.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Brian Johnson is as Geordie as Alan Shearer. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here