Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Love this so much.

For some reason it passed me by at the time ..... being a blinkered soul & New Wave boy?

That really is such a beautiful song. The tune is so fairy-tale princess (for want of a better description!) and the lyrics are timeless.

Why would a 20 something write "you make me feel young again" "you make me feel fun again" .... maybe he was thinking ahead

love the hushed "fly me to the moon" line too :love:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That really is such a beautiful song. The tune is so fairy-tale princess (for want of a better description!) and the lyrics are timeless.

Why would a 20 something write "you make me feel young again" "you make me feel fun again" .... maybe he was thinking ahead

love the hushed "fly me to the moon" line too :love:

Hi Pearl.

I assume that Robert Smith wrote it about his gf/wife Mary?

I think they were young geniuses per se. To compose this stunning music/song when they about 20 years old, is insane.

Silly of me, but I've always been proud of the Sussex connection.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hi Pearl.

I assume that Robert Smith wrote it about his gf/wife Mary?

I think they were young geniuses per se. To compose this stunning music/song when they about 20 years old, is insane.

Silly of me, but I've always been proud of the Sussex connection.

Great song, but I do like this kinda Joy Division style cover by young Salmi Salmiak who plays all the instruments.

https://youtu.be/Vjs1wFAIO9A

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I like that, I can see why you do too ... there’s an Appalachian twang to the guitar work :smile:. The bass section reminiscent of Hookie and Steve Morris.

This is his other band Fancy Dolls, German psychobilly, a hunting video and subject matter, some of his family were murdered by the nazis.
Please keep in mind the quality of recording is limited for the vast majority of psychobilly bands as most of them only release a few thousand copies and have to pay for them themselves, this is one of those songs that could do with better production, but hey it wouldn’t be underground then would it.

https://youtu.be/0GDbiGTnoFA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here