Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's happened to the "We're ****ing brilliant" song ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can confirm that the correct version was being sung in the family stand - mostly by the kids in from of Jnr Bobkin and I!

We didn't join in.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It was sung 3/4 times very loudly in the Northstand last Friday !!

Time to turn the old hearing aid up me thinks pal !!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Was sung in our section of the West Upper. Was also good to see a couple of Bruno chants after the goals in acknowledgement of his outstanding contribution in making the goals for Buckley and CMS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I definitely heard it after first goal, which had an element of luck, but not after 2nd or 3rd which were pure class.
Irony to confuse northerners?

I heard it after the first goal and immediately thought, we'll probably lose now :(

I like the chant, but please save it until after the full-time whistle. Remember Blackpool at home last season, made everyone look like idiots!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I heard it after the first goal and immediately thought, we'll probably lose now :(

I like the chant, but please save it until after the full-time whistle. Remember Blackpool at home last season, made everyone look like idiots!

How does that work then? We went on to win 3-0.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What happened? Well once we went on our nine game winless run last season and the amoubnt of aways where we mustered ONE shot in the whole game it died a death THANKFULLY as it turned out we wasnt f***ing brilliant after all.

THats not to say this season is already shaping up completely differently.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Singing it loud and proud on Friday night, not about the teams performance but how brilliant we are in the North stand out signing the West stand AGAIN :clap2: :clap2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Was belted out extremely loud in WSU. Can't hear the fabled NS choir with the din around us in W3F/G/H so will have to take their word for it that they were piping up instead of singing completely different songs at the NW & NE ends and then claiming the rest of the ground need to up their game. :whistle:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I could hear the North sing it clearly on Friday. I guess other stands were having their own celebrations, so some will have missed it.

Was belted out extremely loud in WSU. Can't hear the fabled NS choir with the din around us in W3F/G/H so will have to take their word for it that they were piping up instead of singing completely different songs at the NW & NE ends and then claiming the rest of the ground need to up their game. :whistle:

Being in the WSU South End I honestly did not hear anyone singing it on Friday. My apologies to all that did - good work.

It is obvious that no -one can hear each other - even within the same stand. We had a brilliant version of "Give us a B " going on Friday - but I doubt anyone heard - so I am not bothering for the rest of the season. I shall sit back and listen with a cupped ear to the North Stand trying to sing Palace songs. :laugh:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Being in the WSU South End I honestly did not hear anyone singing it on Friday. My apologies to all that did - good work.

It is obvious that no -one can hear each other - even within the same stand. We had a brilliant version of "Give us a B " going on Friday - but I doubt anyone heard - so I am not bothering for the rest of the season. I shall sit back and listen with a cupped ear to the North Stand trying to sing Palace songs. :laugh:

Yeah we did hear the very end of that but only because we'd just finished the fast 'Albion' one ourselves so couldn't hear the start of yours - noise doesn't travel laterally very well do unless one end is completely silent and the other end completely joining in, so its difficult to tell if the rest of the stand is united with what you're singing.

I realise there's a degree of dick-waving and banter/winding up going on between stands but it pisses me off when the atmosphere is great, I get home, and some smug twat (usually north) is chatting they're the only stand that sings. Friday was a perfect example, it was rocking up in the gods and my mate who got a day ticket in SW corner said he could hear some noise but couldn't make out the songs very well, it mostly drifted out over his head. My ears were ringing when I got in and lo and behold, apparently the west can't be heard. I know that to be bullshit based on my sore throat even now, and the tinnitus that evening. Grrr. Rant over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I agree, it can be so loud in central WSU that it's difficult to hear the other stands, except for the odd occasion, away fans and North Stand included. But they are singing I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here