Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats gunna happen to Mcnulty?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Isn't getting much of a lookin latley, and if we sign Painter permanantly, what will happen to Jimmy Mac?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon he'll set up as private detective with The Bunk...

oh

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Painter is on loan, so...

- If Painter goes at the end of the season, Jimmy will stay.
- If Painter stays at the end of the season;
- - If Jimmy wants first team football
- - - He either stays and fights for it, and probably misses out
- - - He goes else where
- - If Jimmy doesn't mind being on the bench (doubt it)
- - - He'll stay

My money would be on Painter stays, Jimmy Mac goes. But what do I know.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is no reason why we can't keep two left sided players. Hell, we have been struggling for a decent one since Watson moved on.

I have only seen McNulty since his come back from injury and he has looked quite poor, but that is understandable. Poyet doesn't seem like the type of manager to freeze someone out for no reason, so it will be up to McNulty to force his way back in. A bit of competition didn't hurt anyone, much.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Poor old Jim still worries me with his injury. There has to be a degree of 'holding back' when he goes in for the 50-50s. I can't say I blame him. Steve Claridge made mention of how Eduardo pulled out of a similar challenge after the Ramsey injury yesterday. This type of thing MUST play on their mind.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We should keep him if he doesn't mind. Painter is better but McNulty offers something different, and could be the perfect combination with Calderon if he can come back on form.

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
My god this thread is stupid. He will fight for his place, just because a player has been briefly out of the team doesn't mean he will be shipped put. He obviously has talent, is young and has recently had a career threatening injury. We'll keep him and he'll get a chance sooner or later, loss of form injury etc.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i like to think he has a future here,the fact he has not been sent out on loan might suggest that. after his problems we could just be looking after him, give him abit of time, hes young and one for the future.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Painter has been injured for a great part of the last season and because of that has slipped down the pecking order at a time when a new manager has arrived at Swansea. He is keen for Swansea to offer him a new contract at the end of the season. He has come to Brighton in order to get fit and to get first team football to show the Swansea manager that he is worth a new contract. By all accounts he is a good pro and is doing his best for those reasons and because he wants to do his best for Brighton.

He is out of contract at Swansea at the end of the season and if they go up - which is possible - he is less likely to be wanted. However, if he plays well and helps drag Brighton from relegation places to comfortable mid-table, he'll be in the shop window for other Championship clubs.

He may love it here - he may want to stay - we may well be able to pay him what he wants, but I believe that at the moment his focus is on getting a deal from Swansea. It's a shame because he gets better with every game - his positional sense is great and he gets on with the game in a really tidy, unassuming way. Would love to see him sign for the Albion.

As for Jimmy Mac? He needs to get fit and we need him to fight for his place. With two good players after each place in the side we should get promotion next year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not bad for a centre back playing out of position! But I really do think Painter wants to be offered a new deal by the Swans.

However Painter does strike me as a loan player that "cares" and wants to do well instead of just picking up wages and gawd knows we have had a few of them over the years.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3380110 said:
He looks like Turkey as well.

Which is nice.

I thought you didn't want the world to know about your Turkey fetish? :ohmy:

Olliebha

Jan 17, 2010
Brighton
Isn't getting much of a lookin latley, and if we sign Painter permanantly, what will happen to Jimmy Mac?

Jimmy McNulty and for that matter James Tunniclife are both very much in the managers plan for next season. Please don't worry, in Gus we trust.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3380143[B said:
]I wouldn't call it a fetish[/B], you just happen to have an odd mis-shapen ballsack not dissimilar to a frozen turkey.

But I love you all the same.

:lolol:
Not what I've heard..:wrong:

Look at the wing span on that! :drool:
wild-turkey.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Jimmys days are numbered....anyone who has had there place taken by a loan signing is on thin ice as it tells me Poyet dosent fancy them for one reason or another.
If its not Painter it will be someone else i believe, who knows though, a proper full pre-season and some game time and he could still turn it round hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here