Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats gunna happen to Mcnulty?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is obviously in Gus plans as he is on the bench quite often as opposed to Whing so I would expect him to get the odd few minutes between now and the end of the season and then get stuck into pre season training and come back as a new player next season. At least that is what I want to happen.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He is obviously in Gus plans as he is on the bench quite often as opposed to Whing so I would expect him to get the odd few minutes between now and the end of the season and then get stuck into pre season training and come back as a new player next season. At least that is what I want to happen.

I agree.I hope he can get back to his best.:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I hope Painter is here next season but I think it is a very big IF and although he has been a great player and model professional for us he obviously would prefer to be playing championship football next season. That leaves the door open for Jimmy so I think its a little early to be discussing this. Let's see where Marcus is next seasn first.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He is obviously in Gus plans as he is on the bench quite often

Not strictly true. Has been since Virgo's suspension, wasn't before.

I hope he stays. His heart is still very much with the Albion. I guess with any player though, he needs football.

I can't help thinking the lack of a decent reserve level league is really damaging lower league football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think he needs a solid pre season to show Poyet what he can do. Looked a bit dodgy after coming back which was to be expected but Poyet needed players to play at the top of their game right away

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Painter maybe too expensive if other Championship clubs are tracking him on the basis that Swansea might not renew his contract. Jimmy Mac needs to get his confidence back otherwise Gus will bring in a new face and Jimmy Mac will be shipped out on loan.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not bad for a centre back playing out of position! But I really do think Painter wants to be offered a new deal by the Swans.

However Painter does strike me as a loan player that "cares" and wants to do well instead of just picking up wages and gawd knows we have had a few of them over the years.

Where has everyone got this idea that Painter is a centre back. At both Birmingham and Swansea he played mainly at left back, even left midfield at Birmingham occasionally. He is not strong enough in the air to play in the centre regularly.

I would love it if we could get him permanantly, but expect he will stay at Swansea or go to another championship club.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
there is a modest case for a player coming here and feeling that 'something exciting might be happening at brighton' if you ask me. falmer + bloom + gus = superior player interest than we are currently used to... maybe it will apply to painter maybe not but i am certainly (cautiously) optimistic for future signings.

wood being touched of course, before i get a nosebleed of excitement after two wins on the trot... :albion1:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Painter maybe too expensive if other Championship clubs are tracking him on the basis that Swansea might not renew his contract. Jimmy Mac needs to get his confidence back otherwise Gus will bring in a new face and Jimmy Mac will be shipped out on loan.

I know for a fact that at the moment there are no plans for Jimmy to be loaned out. Whether that changes by next season is anyone's guess.

I would have thought though that a player coming back from the type of career-threatening injury needs regular football to recapture his form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here