Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats a good BOOK to read at the moment?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
For the last month and a half I have been readıng the now complete Malazan Tales of the Fallen by Steven Erikkson and Ian Esslemont. Absolutely fantastıc. The full series runs to more than 10 thousand pages and you can read again and again as I have while putting the series together over the last nine years.

Highly reccomended.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I am going to read Build A Bonfire again but first will read He Shot , He Scored which I bought myself as a Xmas present and is currently wrapped up under the tree.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess although fiction is a cracking read
The Hurricane by Bill Borrows gets the thumbs up about the life and times of Alex Higgins

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You could try Bird Song by Sebastian Faulks, a classic depiction of all aspects of life in WW1 = classic holiday fodder.

Is A Week In December out in paperback yet? Can't quite work out from Google if it is or it isn't. Quite fancy that for me hols in, oh, week and a half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I started Trueman Capote's, In Cold Blood, just before christmas, but will have to start again, once the madness stops.

Father Christmas brought me a few River Cottage books, so I'm currently flicking through HFW's Everyday, which basically reads like a variation of any of the books from God (Nigel Slater), which is no bad thing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Is A Week In December out in paperback yet? Can't quite work out from Google if it is or it isn't. Quite fancy that for me hols in, oh, week and a half.

Nope. Not due out in normal paperback until September next year. I have not looked, but Amazon may have the Trade Paperback, which is a hardback sized book with a softcover usually for export only, which will have a RRP of 10 or 11 quid or thereabouts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nope. Not due out in normal paperback until September next year. I have not looked, but Amazon may have the Trade Paperback, which is a hardback sized book with a softcover usually for export only, which will have a RRP of 10 or 11 quid or thereabouts.

Ah, right, cheers. Saw that one advertised, but couldn't work out why I couldn't find it in any of the shops
:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just about to finish 'The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society'. The third book from Ex-Genesis, Chris Stewart. An excellent series and highly recommended.

Also, currently reading 'Join Me' by Danny Wallace, 'The Girl At The Lion d’Or' by Sebastien Faulks and 'A Year in Merde' by Stephen Clarke

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
best fiction then non fiction i've ever read.

Hyperion-thumb-300x522-12283.jpg

31B5FEC1-2241-4A67-9B1A-A5FE26E3CF2B

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just finished reading the latest Peter James and Im getting a bit fed up with his more and more unsubtle hints about sandy. Get it sorted willya!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This although its a bit heavy going

418WShr8rGL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

This on the other hand is bloody brilliant!

51JeNs6PrsL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Just finished reading the latest Peter James and Im getting a bit fed up with his more and more unsubtle hints about sandy. Get it sorted willya!!!

There is a new one due shortly. I thought that the last Inspector Grace book pretty much nailed what had happened to her (ie gone off with a cult that sounded a bit like the Sc*********t's).

Currently reading "Coward at the Bridge", second of what is intended to be a series. Think "Flashman" novels from George Macdonald Fraser transposed to a WWII setting, if you liked Flashman you will probably like these as they are a very similar style.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The Blue Afternoon by William Boyd, it's a novel, starts slowly, but to me a fantastic book.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
"Seven Seconds" by Jack Henderson.

The mother of all conspiracy theories...mad stuff..well told.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here