Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to the NSC gadget world cup?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
01vz.jpg

I’ve just got a Roku Soundbridge M2000 – 17in of aural pleasure (you can see it better here).

It’s a wireless digital music player which works with just about any decent music server going – iTunes/Rendezvous, Windows Media Player/Media Connect etc.

You can get cheap audio-video streamers, of course, but I didn’t want to have to select music from a TV menu – and NONE look as good as this baby.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(Oh, and it streams Internet radio stations, of course.)

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
And this is a photo of my music server, hidden in my flat…

16ck.jpg

That’s a Netgear wireless bridge, a Linksys NSLU2 (a Linux-based server running mt-daapd – hi MYOB!) and a Maxtor 200GB hard disk.

The beauty of this server combo is that it’s always on (regardless of my desktop PC), dishing up 14,248 songs and mixes to any nearby wireless device running iTunes – the Soundbridge, my main PC in the lounge, a notebook in the bedroom, garden or, er, street etc etc (up to 5 devices simultaneously).

There's no setting up to do – the server (“mpfree”) automatically appears in iTunes in any neaby wireless device. Neat, eh?

itunes4ak.jpg

None of this matches a lit toilet seat though, obviously.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
that set-up sounds excellent. Run it by me again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where is the Radiogram with the 4-track player ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What happened to the soap babes heats too, we got 'stenders, Hollyoaks and Neighbours, but haven't seen it since.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What is "Non-DRMed" music? Is it like garage? I don't think I'd like it

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wozza that is f***ing impressive, one day I hope to grace my own living room with the delghts of your setup or better :clap:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
iTunes is great, but ONLY if you disable the 'Let iTunes manage my folders' option. If you let it anywhere near your folders, yes it organises them, but it also steals all your MP3's so you can't access them accept through iTunes.

Which is shite.

Oh agreed. I don't have any auto settings on at all.

Every MP3 in my collection still has a proper Windows filename, so they can be used with any MP3 player (hardware or software).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
how does everyone name their MP3 files?
Mine are like thus for use on my two MP3 walkmans and Winamp/MusicMatch/Windows Media Player omn the PC:

Folders:
D:\MP3\Band Name\Album Name

Files named:
Band Name - Track Number - Song Name.mp3

One problem I've found is that I want my Albums in Year order so when listening to one bands subfolders I get the albums in correct order. Of course I've only just figured this out so have hundreds of folders to be renamed....and finding the years will be hard enough! When thats done it will be:
\2001 - Album Name

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here