Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What WORD do you HATE the most?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Defective.

Why?

Because, everytime a train or tube is delayed, it is due to something being defective. Defective doors. A defective train. Defective signals. And then theres defective escalators, defective announcement screens, defective tannoy systems.

One time, just as I noticed that the underground staff looked to be a dressed a bit casually that morning, an announcement came over the (clearly not defective) tannoy, apologising for the appearance of the staff, but this was due to "defective lockers".

If something is broken, FOR FUCKS SAKE, JUST SAY THAT ITS BROKEN!!!!!

Last edited:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Descriptive.

How can anything be described as "descriptive"!?! A word surely cannot have any meaning unless it actually denotes something. If I write a passage of text, I don't just do it for fun! I do it to describe something!! So don't call my word or article "descriptive" unless you like the smooth feel of a crowbar.

:censored:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Soccer.

i didnt actually think i disliked any word, but then while considering a reply Soccer came up. American so-called-Football isnt even played with feet ffs. So why does the rest of the world have to accomadate them? It should be called American Mince-around-with-lots-of-body-armour-ball. or Mawlodab for short.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Headache as in not tonight love i've got a :angry: :angry: :angry:

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Virgo's Haircut said:
"Southern"

(When associated with trains)

That's a good one, but mines 'tipsy'. Bloody narks me when someone says they were tipsy - iether you're pissed or you're not.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Spouse.
What the f*** is that supposed to be?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Spinster.............bloody awful sounding word.

:nono:

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Not really a word, but I dislike the use of innit - it seems to be used at the end of sentences for no reason!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here