Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will Vicente Rodriguez bring to our club on and off the pitch?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
More power in transfers?
Raise our profile beyond the Championship?
Also what will the players get from training with Gus and him?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Extra overtime for the shirt printing staff

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hopefully the succulent taste of different gravy on the pitch; & man bag sales a-plenty off it. :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
More power in transfers?
Raise our profile beyond the Championship?

This is the main thing I can see even if he doesn't recapture his original best form..... he can be a conduit by which much higher profile players will be willing to join Gus's "Flair rehab"

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
a decent paella recipe for Azure so they can replace the currys!!!!!

Oooh a different flavour Pie-ella nice.:dunce:

On a serious note, he is the sort of signing that will make others sit up and take notice. If Gus and Tony can persuade the likes of Vicente to sign for us, others may want a ride on the Gus bus. On the pitch and in training his experience and flair will rub off on others. Our other players were excited that they were going to play alongside CMS, Vicente will have the same effect.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Everyone wants to jump on a bandwagon, its the sheep effect...The bandwagon has been rolling for a while now and this will take it to the next level. Shirt sales, media coverage, etc etc. Football is a much about marketing and selling yourself as a club, as it is results on the pitch. The two go hand in glove, this bandwagon is just starting to gather pace, its got a lot more left in the tank yet...Ive always belived that Brighton can be a glamour club, right location(stones throw from London), large catchment area to draw from(no reason we cant average 26k+ if in the prem). We can do and will do a Fulham/Stoke and players will be crawling over each other to jump on this ride.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Oooh a different flavour Pie-ella nice.:dunce:

On a serious note, he is the sort of signing that will make others sit up and take notice. If Gus and Tony can persuade the likes of Vicente to sign for us, others may want a ride on the Gus bus. On the pitch and in training his experience and flair will rub off on others. Our other players were excited that they were going to play alongside CMS, Vicente will have the same effect.

Completely agree, think we have a really good bunch of lads and im sure try to learn as much as they can from him, so interested to see where Gus plays him, for me he will have a free role behind attack.

Also we should say hello to the boys in Valencia. And wish them good luck.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Everyone wants to jump on a bandwagon, its the sheep effect...The bandwagon has been rolling for a while now and this will take it to the next level. Shirt sales, media coverage, etc etc. Football is a much about marketing and selling yourself as a club, as it is results on the pitch. The two go hand in glove, this bandwagon is just starting to gather pace, its got a lot more left in the tank yet...Ive always belived that Brighton can be a glamour club, right location(stones throw from London), large catchment area to draw from(no reason we cant average 26k+ if in the prem). We can do and will do a Fulham/Stoke and players will be crawling over each other to jump on this ride.
If our ground expands to 31k then would expect that to be sold out with ease in the prem,then everyone will be moaning that thats to small:lol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well, if he has a decent first year, and we sign him up for another, a possible transfer fee of about £5/6m!
Other than that he will be able to teach our young guns some tricks, give them some experience and when fit, add some pure class to the championship. Of course he will also big up our campaign, media value and bring in some pennies as well.
I just hope he is given some decent protection and that he settles in well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If our ground expands to 31k then would expect that to be sold out with ease in the prem,then everyone will be moaning that thats to small:lol:

Isnt it great....how many clubs in the prem average over 30k per game....Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle,Spurs and Sunderland....Sure others get big gates for certain games like Villa and Everton but not for every game. If you average anything from 26-30k make no mistake about it, you are a massive club!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No reason we can't emulate, or even surpass Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland as an established premier league club

No reason at all, Stoke and Fulham are the two I most relate with as they were big clubs in the 70s and early 80s and both suffered almost two decades of nothing. In Fulham's case I think at one stage like ourselves they were 92nd in the league structure. Look at them both now, no one talks about them as relegation fodder(although I think Fulham will struggle this year).

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
No reason we can't emulate, or even surpass Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland as an established premier league club

I like but rather than emulate, lets take it to a whole new level.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I just hope he can live up to some peoples expectations on here.

To be honest being one of the best player in the world a few years ago im sure hes lived with expectation most of his career.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No reason at all, Stoke and Fulham are the two I most relate with as they were big clubs in the 70s and early 80s and both suffered almost two decades of nothing. In Fulham's case I think at one stage like ourselves they were 92nd in the league structure. Look at them both now, no one talks about them as relegation fodder(although I think Fulham will struggle this year).

Yep, missed Fulham, spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here