Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will be your matchday schedule for Falmer?

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I realise we all have different circumstances but myself I want to get there on the train at about 2pm, have a couple of pints, watch the game and then go straight home. I expect the club will want me to arrive earlier and stay later, and use a different form of transport but I'll take some persuading. How about you lot?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For a bog-standard Saturday game:

1 - Get to the Open House at about midday and have a few pints
2 - Get the train from London Road to Falmer
3 - Depending on the time maybe meet a few people for a few more pints
4 - Watch the match
5 - At the final whistle get the #25 bus back to the Vogue Gyratory 'roundabout'.
6 - Go to the Hollingbury for a few after-match pints.
7 - Go home after picking up my fish supper from the chippy in the Dip.
:thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
depends on where i'm living really, but at the moment:-

knock up a FRY UP, then go on a bit of a PUB CRAWL into town, taking in a pub lunch somewhere, before pitching up on a train about half 2 or something, then hanging about for a few pints at the ground before heading home

Possibly stroll up the road to catch the 29A to outside the ground, might be an idea if Brighton Buses consider fitting loos to buses on some of their long distance routes for the benefit of fans who may fancy a Harvey's or two at the ground pre - match.

I suspect that in reality it is more likely to be drive to Lewes and catch the train.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm really hoping there will be a pub-style bar inside the stadium (or maybe a couple), with seats and tables and tellyboxes, I definitely don't want to stand around in a concrete concourse with my beer. So assuming we have a bar-type place, I'll just aim to get there at around 1 / 1.30 for a couple of beers and a squiz at the lunchtime match.

If there's no proper bar, then I'll probably go to a pub outside Portslade or Brighton Station for my pre-match drinkies and get to the ground later on.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm really hoping there will be a pub-style bar inside the stadium (or maybe a couple), with seats and tables and tellyboxes, I definitely don't want to stand around in a concrete concourse with my beer. So assuming we have a bar-type place, I'll just aim to get there at around 1 / 1.30 for a couple of beers and a squiz at the lunchtime match.

If there's no proper bar, then I'll probably go to a pub outside Portslade or Brighton Station for my pre-match drinkies and get to the ground later on.

Same , altghough the first game I'd imagine I'll be pitching up Falmer about midday.

May stay for a beer afterwards if decent game on the box or the train getting home proves to be a complete headache

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If I'm in town, it's beers in the North Laine, then the 25 bendy-bus to Falmer. If I'm coming from home, it's a couple of Dark Star Bests in the Open House, then the train from London Road.

If the club can make good on its promise for decent bars and beers in the stadium, then I may go in earlier, and stick around for a while after and catch the train home later.

However, for the first game, I intend to stay sober before the match. I want to experience and remember EVERYTHING on that first day.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Cooked breakfast, few pints at the Hikers Rest & a short walk through the woods to see the stripes at the promise land :falmer::clap2:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick

Your hopes are well founded!
More on this subject as soon as the go ahead is given.
I'm sorry it's taking so long for this to happen, especially since details of hospitality etc are being announced! But rest assured it is well and truly on the agenda.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A few beers in town before jumping on the rattler at Brighton station.
Get to the ground at 3, a quick piss, then take up my seat at 5 past 3.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Judging by the amount of people having a drink in town before the game and then getting public transport to falmer , there are going to be UNTOLD amounts of people bursting for a piss as soon as the y get off the bus./train:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
watch telly till about 2 ish...jump in the car....get dropped off at the bottom of coldean lane....walk to the ground to get there about 2:45.....watch the game.....walk down to the bottom of coldean lane...get picked up....home in time for team and crumpets.

Pretty much the same as now

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
watch telly till about 2 ish...jump in the car....get dropped off at the bottom of coldean lane....walk to the ground to get there about 2:45.....watch the game.....walk down to the bottom of coldean lane...get picked up....home in time for team and crumpets.

She's too good for you. :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You're prepared to walk a mile to the ground, Dave? And a mile back again?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ain't that the truth

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here