Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what were your thoughts of your visit to Bristol?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not so much about the game

more about transport to and from ground
match day programes local news paper
catering in the ground
Stewards and match day staff(turnstile operators?)
pubs in the area

I know about the no backs on the seats

So over to you guys

more about transport to and from ground - Bloody awful
match day programmes local news paper - Programme a poor second to ours
catering in the ground - Outdoor concourse, not particularly good, but fast service
Stewards and match day staff(turnstile operators?) - Seemed fine
pubs in the area - Few Brizzle fans took us to the Wetherspoon and had some good banter, but it felt like miles from the ground. Good 20 mins walk.

I know about the no backs on the seats - Who sat down?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
And after going to look at the Clifton Suspension Bridge and paying the 50p. to cross, I had to descend through the back streets of Bristol to get back to the A4 and upon spying a fellow BHA fan walking in the city, let out a triumphant 'SEAGULLS!!!' out of my car window, to be totally ignored by the lad, then noticed he had a walkman on :blush:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yep, I walked through it to get to the ground. Got to admit though, I only moved here last week, if you'd asked me that question before yesterday i would've had no idea...

Well good fortune to you and thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we've recruited a new member of the BluesAway Funky Club
SO WHAT SO WHAT SO WHAT you boring little ****
Slinky is a top bloke, there must be more of you who want to come on Blues Away

Looking forward to it - Fans Reunited day :)

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Found a really good real ale pub called the Cottage Inn at the Baltic Wharf. Good beer, we didn't have food but it looked good. 15 minute walk to stadium over the bridge across the river. Liked the ground in general, shit view at the back with everyone standing but hey ho that's what you get at an away game! Shame about the pillars spoiling the view but I guess we are just spoilt these days ;-)
Loads more idiots following the Albion away these days too, I'm all for having a laugh and a bloody good drink but the idiotic behaviour on the trains, inside and outside the stadium by a minority of our "supporters" is frankly embarrassing!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So that's why you were going in the opposite direction to us when we saw you in the car after the game!

Notters decided to aim for the A4, I think. At least we got to admire the bridge via our route: a magnificent example of architectural and engineering brilliance. As well as Avonmouth:, which is considerably less so :eek:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sad, but true that me and my 12 year old are on a Subway tour of Britain for away games. It was about a 20 minute walk up to East Street for the nearest one yesterday, roughly the same as the 20 minute stroll down a lovely long hill for the Rovers game last season. I quite like Bristol.

Ground wise, I'm with others in that old grounds should be appreciated for what they are while we still have the chance to enjoy them. Stand where you like yesterday with no jobs worth stewards pestering people to sit...that'll do for me :thumbsup:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Surprised nobody mentioned yet, that smokers were given the oppportunity to smoke behind the stand in a supervised area at half time.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not so much about the game

more about transport to and from ground
match day programes local news paper
catering in the ground
Stewards and match day staff(turnstile operators?)
pubs in the area

I know about the no backs on the seats

So over to you guys

Just got back after an overnight stay and exploration of Old Bristol.

Staff on turnstiles, stewards and police all very friendly. Enjoyed us being herded into an old fashioned away end (bit like Pompey really) so we could make lots of noise. Wasn't worried about the backless seats as everyone stood throughout the game but shame they were so dirty for the half time sit down. Think the comment about only one exit is fair, took ages to funnel out.

Walked to the ground from the city centre. Thought the locals were mostly very friendly and helpful when asking directions, particularly when I got lost.

Stayed overnight in Welsh Back and thought the selection of pubs and eateries throughout the dock area was second to none, including Brighton. Any pleb stating that Bristol is a shit hole obviously hasn't seen the Old Town otherwise they would know that they are talking out of theirs!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I enjoyed it - proper old stadium of the Goldstone variety.

Me and mrs drove down and stayed the night (for my birthday)

Went to big pub in Dock area along commercial road, had a few beers, 4 other seagulls there for a while

Programme OK I thought

Pillars and Drum were a pisser as were the group of lads around me on blackberrys and constantly chatting about the Spurs and Chelsea games - never had that before!

No beer!

Great atmosphere

Walked from the centre, 30 minutes. on way back overtaking all the cars

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
We went on bristols web site which gave a list if parking options for away fans pay on the day. So we decided to head for one of them as it turns out we ended up at a cricket club. It was run by the cricket club themselves so very friendly had full use of there bar facility's which were very cheap with the option of food aswell. Mixed with local fans who were praising Martin perry for what he had done and seemed very pleasant people to talk to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here