Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what were your thoughts of your visit to Bristol?

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
well just got back, had a brilliant day, met loads of new (slighty nutty fans) on the Blues Away (definitely my mode of transport for away games from now on).

As for Ashton Gate, a old ground, but hey, we went for the football, not a stadium tour. Good atmosphere, the home fans we nice and loud (well the lot to the side of us).

The grub wasn't brilliant, but they can't all be like the Amex. 1 - 0 to the Albion, was the result that mattered, so al is good in the world, still top of the league....

A happy slinky tonight!!!

we've recruited a new member of the BluesAway Funky Club
SO WHAT SO WHAT SO WHAT you boring little ****
Slinky is a top bloke, there must be more of you who want to come on Blues Away

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have been there quite a few times so the away end held no surprises for me. But it is amazing how much of a snob one can become with the way things a going both on and off pitch as we look down on the back-less seats with a shallow view and then the fact we play far superior football to anyone else in this division. Also, as much as I love the Amex, there is still a charm about traditional football grounds.

Another point to make is I was impressed with the home support who although had that bloody drum pretty much kept singing non-stop until our goal...Good effort.

Albion & England

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
more about transport to and from ground....1 hour drive from home, parked on street.
match day programes local news paper....don't know haven't read it yet, but the quality doesn't appear to be as good as ours for the same price.
catering in the ground ....bog standard.
Stewards and match day staff(turnstile operators?) ....bog standard.
pubs in the area....went for a quick pint in Redland near my brothers old house (the Kensington Arms). Nice pub.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
well just got back, had a brilliant day, met loads of new (slighty nutty fans) on the Blues Away (definitely my mode of transport for away games from now on).

As for Ashton Gate, a old ground, but hey, we went for the football, not a stadium tour. Good atmosphere, the home fans we nice and loud (well the lot to the side of us).

The grub wasn't brilliant, but they can't all be like the Amex. 1 - 0 to the Albion, was the result that mattered, so al is good in the world, still top of the league....

A happy slinky tonight!!!

we've recruited a new member of the BluesAway Funky Club
SO WHAT SO WHAT SO WHAT you boring little ****
Slinky is a top bloke, there must be more of you who want to come on Blues Away

Loved it today!! thanks for the welcome and making me feel part of the BluesAway Funky Club, oh and I am straight, I'm not Gay, i travel on BluesAway, SO WHAT, SO WHAT, SO WHAT you boring little **** lol

see ya all next Saturday for Leicester!!!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
People slagging of Ashton Gate need to take a long hard look at themselves.

No backs on seats? Seats dirty? What are you there for, this is football - not f***ing trinny and Susanna.

It's not the best but it's a proper ground, enjoy it while you can

Agree
Ashton gate is a tidy ground
The only thing that was shit was the programme (lightweight content)

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
My views:

Seats-Don't care as I was standing the whole game
Staff-seemed friendly the ones I encountered, no complaints there.
Food-What I expect at a football ground, not fancy but eatable
Programme-Can't judge as didn't get one.
Transport-I walked from Temple Meads, only took about 30 mins so no complaints there, I know they had buses going back to temple meads after the game but decided to walk anyway.

Overall enjoyed the day

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My ticket for this game failed to turn up in post and our glorious ticket office had failed to send details for me to get a duplicate at the stadium. Ticket office there were friendly and helpful even though I had to pay for another ticket.
Chicken Balti pie at half time was pretty good. Quite liked the retro feel of the stadium. Seemed a bit odd that the 500 fans of theirs who did sing were under the same roof as us. Drums should be banned. Bit piss poor of their fans to be pissing off as early as they did - they had a chance to save it before the end (great save ankergren!)
Favourite part probably the 10 year old stood guard outside a home pub giving evils. Bless him.
Also coppers with west country accents inherently funny.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I live in Bristol...

Is there a big park still behind the old away end,now the home end? went when we stood on the away terrace years ago & the side stand a bit like Watford was half finished.

FledFromTheNorth

Sep 8, 2011
I got the early train up, got there at half 12, plenty of time to find a nice pub (the pump house). En route to the ground via the park, joined in with all the singing as we got closer to the ground... Then some prat got angry towards me giving it the big' un trying to impress his mates (failing miserably). Cant complain about the seats being crap due to not using them! Vocally erupted ashton gate after the goal! bit of grub after the game!

No beer in a football ground is weak...

SEAGULLS

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just got back after a big one!! Agree with some, why slag it off, I love city away-proper away day, bit of an atmosphere, proper away end with every standing-how it should be!! Good turnout but fair play - we have some f***** retarded fans!!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Is there a big park still behind the old away end,now the home end? went when we stood on the away terrace years ago & the side stand a bit like Watford was half finished.
Yep, I walked through it to get to the ground. Got to admit though, I only moved here last week, if you'd asked me that question before yesterday i would've had no idea...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Excellent. Easy street parking. I love the ground - great atmosphere in the way end. Traffic congestion after the game, but no one can help that. I thought the stewards and police were all friendly and laid back.

seagullcockerel

Feb 26, 2011
my 1st away game of the season......... went with LondonBlue on the train. Had a few ciders on the way up !! met a few Bristol city fans at the station and went with them for a few in the local spoons :) friendly bunch i thought although the older lady in the pub didn't like me shouting SEAGULLS walked to the ground from there which was about 10mins. As for the ground i thought it was a nice ground been to worse lol seats well only used at half time so who cares ?? Balti pie was great lol so we had 2 :) football was ok 1-0 win so all good :) we will play better than that and lose !! ground staff and old bill seemed friendly enough ! view was not the best but a good noise from our lot ! shame to see so many go b4 the end........... not our fans though. 15 hr day for me but all in all a great day out. next away game for me will be Ipswich :)

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
We were even admiring the suspension bridge on our (rather scenic) route home. Been there before, but it truly is a stunning bit of architecture. Yes, perhaps I'm a geek...

So that's why you were going in the opposite direction to us when we saw you in the car after the game!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I came in on the A4 early and parked on the street near a park with a simple walk to the ground. Sat on the low rake seating near a corner flag, which doesn't do anything for the perspective, around 1.40pm., and stayed there till the end.

There was a stark contrast in the stewarding there and at Cardiff. The Cardiff stewards were jovial and helpful, while the BC lot were more geared up for conflict. As the crowd built up, there was lots of twoing and froing, pointing, and quiet words in ears among the stewards, with one guy inside the stand near the pitch perimeter wearing a Stone Island jacket WTF!!! They were heavy handed with the guy who over-celebrated our goal, which was a bit uncalled for tbh!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here