Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your FIRST job?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Labourer for building firm Gladstone.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I worked briefly for a travel company but soon left for Amex in Haywards Heath. I spent two years pushing punch cards through various until I became a computer operator.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I processed orders for business publications such as the Bankers Almanac and Sort Code Numbers directory.

BIG WOW

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Waitrose in Burgess Hill. Easy work but shite pay! Had to give it up because they wouldnt let me have saturdays off to watch the Albion! After 4 years of doing all the overtime they asked me to do the ungrateful bastards! :angry:

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Local govt planning office.A hoot.

One highlight......being let loose to do advert sign surveys in the summer,ticking off a few boxes and spending the arvo at the County Ground.

And paid!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was a wine waiter at the Metropole. It was okay except the nights when you had to work with f*** loads of agency staff who hadn't had any training and didn't give a shit about their jobs.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Discounting shit jobs while at school or college (Tesco trolley boy), first proper job was working in the accounts dept of Caledonian Airways at Gatwick. I loved it, we spent most the time pissing around playing cards or battleships, went to the pub most lunchtimes and went out in the evenings and always had great parties. Came out of it with some good mates and great memories. Still miss the place.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
First job was at 14, a Sat job working at Brookes butchers in Steyning, then when I left school I did 2 months at The Amsterdam in Shoreham, cooking AND GENERAL KITCHEN DOGS BODY, I've never set foot in the god forsaken shit hole since :eek:

first proper job was working in a laboratory for Darlington mushrooms in Rustington for a year, before taking up an engineering apprentiship in Dec 1988

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Pundstretcher, two and a half months later im still there but I want to leave already due to shitty pay and the fact that the Head ffice cant sort out how much overtime I do and they cant figure out that im under the age of 18 and still in full time education AND still tax me :mad:

im now looking around for jobs :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here