Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Triumph Herald 13/60. Had such a tight turning circle it could turn on a sixpence - useful for getting out of tight parking spaces.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hmmm

Dad was a motor dealer so I drove whatever rustbucket was in stock prior to being taken to the local Auction, actually learned to drive at 14 on an old airfield in a Morris Minor Pickup with so many holes in the floor you had be careful changing gear!

He was a Morris Dealer, Christ on a Bike Morris Marinas etc. were dreadful, no wonder British Leyland went to the wall - he had three mechanics doing NOTHING but warranty work!

First bike was PFK70R 1976 Honda 125S bought for £70 (told my weeping mother it was to be my one and only motorcycle as I was a skint student & couldnt afford a car but would be useful to nip in and out of town for lectures etc.)

Of course two years down the road I had a 750 Norton Cafe Racer (CJV367L where are you now?) and a fractured arm ho, ho...:facepalm:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
an Austin Allegro with more play in the steering than you'll see at Withdean in a whole match :shrug:

sorry I don't have any oversize pics

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From Shoreham car auctions in 1987..

http://imcdb.org/images/105/734.jpg

A Vauxhall Cavalier Mk1 in lime green, the pierburg carb was shot, and it done about 14 mpg - a 6 wheel Range Rover towing a caravan done more..!

First M.Bike-
http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/honda_cb125t.jpg

A Honda CB125T which although much older than mates 12 bhp RD/RG/AR 125's, had 16bhp on tap. King of the road for a few days until the points needed adjusting yet again..

Love the Comstar Wheels, I had one in silver with spoked wheels - seemed to remember it red-lined at something stupid (for the era) of 10-11K? Probably why the points needed adjusting so often?:down:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I started with a Y reg Suzuki TS185 then a few years later passed my car test and plumped for a Triumph Acclaim... nice runner

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What was its name?

I call my bicycle LUCIFER !

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Love the Comstar Wheels, I had one in silver with spoked wheels - seemed to remember it red-lined at something stupid (for the era) of 10-11K? Probably why the points needed adjusting so often?:down:

Well 6v electrics didn't help..! I remember buying a new seat for £180..must have just got my first credit card to pay for it..
Yikes, that might have been the very start of my now paid off £50k debt on cards :(

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
After the Suzi 750 I moved onto an MGB Roadster - use to breakdown about 5 times a day, but it was fun when it was moving

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This Baby. Cost £25, bench seats column change three gears. !964 don't remember what the insurance was, but it must have been cheap.

img006.jpg

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
My first motor was an F reg MG Metro which I ADORED.

YES it was technically just a Metro BUT it had go faster stripes, MG badging, RED seatbelts, alloy wheels and a spoiler.

It looked a little like this

DecalMGMetroTurbo87.jpg

And it was the only car I've ever owned with a manual choke. Kids today don't know they're born.

Sadly it was still churned out of a British Leyland factory so it pretty much died a few years after I bought it but DAMN did I have some fun times with it.

Only a 1300cc engine but it actually shifted pretty quick for something that gets such bad press.

Cost me A GRAND to insure for 12 months which was considerably more than I paid for it whereas now my premiums aren't even 200 sheets a year.

Makes me feel OLD

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here